Wednesday, January 06, 2010

"It's Been A While..."

...and it's going to be a while.

Okay, not really. But it seems like I have less and less time to post on here and I need to try to rectify that. So far we have had Christmas 2009 come and go faster then I wanted to, but it's not like I have much control over that anyway, right? Here are a few Xmas pix:

Christmas Morning 2009
Zach: "Hey look Dad, Hi Ho Cherry-O! How do you play it?"
Me: "Well...um...I think it involves eating an entire jar of maraschino cherries."
Zach: "Wow, really?"
Me: "It is the way I play it."

Christmas Morning 2009
Me: "Wow, Pacman pajamas! These are great!"
Cari: "Does that gift pack come with a comb?"
Me: "Um, no, why?"
Cari: "No reason."

Christmas Morning 2009
Cari: "Hey, an iPod cradle! Now I can watch movies without having to lean over my desk at work!"
Me: "Won't that get in the way of...you know...actually working?"
Cari: "Nah."

Christmas Morning 2009
Emmy: "Hey, look at these pajamas! They look like zebraskin!"
Me: "Hmm...what are they made of?"
Emmy: "Lessee...(looks at tag)...made from 100% zebraskin...oh my goodness! Did they kill a zebra just to make these pajamas?"
Me: "Oh I'm sure the zebra was already killed by some lions when the clothing manufacturer came by and got it."
Emmy: "Oh! Whew! I feel so much better."

It was a great Christmas overall. Ever wonder what the true meaning of Christmas is? Some people I'm sure feel that the more you spend, the more you love. As for me, give me time with my kids while they're still kids and that would be better then any gift I could ever get. That time always goes by too fast and I don't want to look back at their childhoods and feel like I didn't spend enough time with them. As for now, I don't feel that way. Hopefully I never will.

P.S. Grandpa, if you're reading, I hope Christmas was cool in Heaven. Hope you got that PowerMac you always wanted.

No comments: