Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"Soccer Season..."

...is over!! It seems as quick as they begin, they end. Zach seemed to have a better season this time then the last one, which was his first. He would just stand on the field and watch. In his defense, he was the only one with the foresight to actually stay on the field while the other kids would run off through the other fields chasing the ball. We had Zach's end-of-the-season party last Saturday. Here are a few pix:

Zach End-Of-Year Soccer Party 4-17-10
Zach: "Hey Dad, look how evil I can appear! I think I'm possessed!"
Me: "Really? Possessed? Here, at CiCi's?"
Zach: "Yeah! It must be the parmesean cheese they have here..."
Me: "Um...yeah...that must be it."

Zach End-Of-Year Soccer Party 4-17-10
Hey, what a cake! Baked by one of the most talented world-renouned chefs to ever walk the Earth...you know know him as "Kenny" from Kroger's.

I played soccer for, I think a year when I was 6. Our team was The Roadrunners. Sky blue shirts and bright orange shorts. Who came up with that anyways? A blind fashion designer? All I remember is "Coach Blake" screaming at anyone and everyone to "play their position". We were 6, ya know? Probably why I never played again. But now I enjoy kicking the ball around with anyone who wants to. I think I may have played longer if the coach wasn't such a d-bag. But what can you do, right? Can't go back in time the way I would love to. But at least Zach and Emmy have a great coach in their mom. Hopefully they will take these seasons to their adulthood and remember them with fondness.

No comments: