Monday, April 07, 2014

"One Fun Spring Break!"

yes, I know this is a little late in coming, but when work gets busy, I get busy. But I did manage to take spring break off so that I could hang out with Zach and Emmy and do some things none of us have done before. Our first stop was a place I stumbled upon while at lunch one day:

C R Coins 3-10-2014

A real life coin shop! Emmy bought two unopened pennies (very shiny) and Zach bought a Texas Bicentennial medal (again, very shiny). It was pretty cool.

Tuesday Emmy accepted a Six Flags invitation so it was just me, Zach...and Zach's friend Chelsea. I am usually the one taking their friends to this place for the first time:

Fort Worth Water Gardens 3-11-2014

Yep, we all knew this place was what I was talking about.

Fort Worth Water Gardens 3-11-2014

Fort Worth Water Gardens 3-11-2014

After we walked around here...we went down to the Trinity River:

Fort Worth Water Gardens 3-11-2014

I didn't even know Zach threw up bunny ears until a week later ha ha.

Turns out Tarrant County pumped a few bucks into turning the riverfront property into a medical education campus, complete with waterfalls:

Fort Worth Water Gardens 3-11-2014

Fort Worth Water Gardens 3-11-2014

This shot got me a little unwanted attention from a Fort Worth police officer. Turns out...no standing!

Wednesday The Overalls and Barkers saddled up and went out to the Living Science Center at River Legacy Park:

River Legacy Park 3-12-2014

Yes, he's looking for bugs. He was told to.

River Legacy Park 3-12-2014

Not sure what Emmy found...but I'm pretty sure it made its way home with us.

Next stop...the Fort Worth Stockyards:

Fort Worth Stockyards 3-12-14 001

Emmy: "Hey Dad, what does that sign mean behind me?"

Dad: "I think it's calling you a cow..."

Emmy: "What!? Why would Fort Worth be so mean?"

Dad: "Not sure...I'll file a complaint."

Fort Worth Stockyards 3-12-14 003

Lunch! I was beyond starving so a big ol burger really hit the spot.

Fort Worth Stockyards 3-12-14 006

The running of the bulls! They didn't run much though. Just moseyed.

Then...the shootout:

Fort Worth Stockyards 3-12-14 014

Fort Worth Stockyards 3-12-14 017

I guess we know who won.

Then The rest of the week we tended to Zach as he had to have a dingleberry-ectomy (in layman's terms, he had to have his ascended testicle lowered. He was a trooper though. Now he's "good to go."

Yes I made Fluffy pose for this:

Fluffy With Elmo

Was a really fun week. First time I've ever taken spring break off. May have to make this a traditional thang.

2 comments:

Chimp oFF the bloCK said...

Hope Zach is feeling better now.

Mike Overall said...

Oh he'll be fine...he's a trooper!