Friday, July 11, 2014

"I'm (Almost) The Biggest Loser!"

Well, I say almost because even though I didn't win the grand prize, I managed to lose 8.5% of my body weight and win...$36. Not a lot, but it's something. I started out at 273 lbs. and finished at 249.8 lbs!:

Biggest Loser 2014

Now how were you wondering did I manage to accomplish this? Well...one word. Well, actually a bunch of words. But the main one was...celery. A ton of it. Literally. If enough is eaten it can fill you up and it burns calories while you digest it. I actually did really well (2+ lbs. a week) starting out while not exercising a whole lot. So, I go into the final two weeks needing to lose 5.8 lbs, starting to get a little worried. So I started walking in the morning. Three miles! Every day. That and keeping a balanced diet managed to put me over the top! Someone even started walking with me:

Morning Walk 2014

He managed to get his butt up at 6:30 and came with me! We had lots of time to talk about things. Mostly what was on his mind ha ha. No worries. Glad to have him along.

Saw some weird things as well:

Morning Walk 2014

Possums...ugh...unfortunately, this guy had a short demise three days later:

Morning Walk 2014

I wish I could say I was sad about what happened...but...it's a possum! Yecch.

So now I have to make sure and keep this off. I'm not planning on going nuts and putting it back on. Not since people seem to comment a lot more on how much I've changed. Feels good to hear that every now and then. I look at pictures of me from years ago and I can see what they mean.

Mother's Day 5-11-2014

No comments: