Friday, February 16, 2007

"Peanut...Peanut Butter...Jelly!"

Anyone remember that song? I learned it in elementary school of all places and for some unearthly reason it stuck with me. It was supposed to "loosen ya up"...never did that much for me. The reason I am mentioning peanut butter is because for some unearthly reason (using that word a lot!) there has been a nationwide recall on the stuff because it might contain salmonella! Salmonella!? If you ever wondered how that got its name, the man that uncovered it was named Salmon. Honest! Why can't things like celery and turnips become toxic? It's always things we eat everyday. On the flip side, there was a gene found in broccoli that might stop cancer from growing in humans. What if you got cancer and hated broccoli? Why can't a study be published where someone finds that eating cheeseburgers and onion rings can cure cancer? Seriously.

Lately I've been forgetting things. Little things, but things just the same. I don't mean to, it's just that I hear what Cari is saying and I try my best to keep it all in my head but something always seems to get squeezed out. I took an IQ test a couple years ago and got a 137. I think that's pretty good. But for the life of me something always falls to the wayside. Take last night for example. As I was coming home Cari needed me to 1)stop by the store for some Fritos for our chili 2)make sure our Thursday night shows were recording 3)make sure dinner was ready for when she came home 4)buy some cornbread mix at the store so we could have that with dinner. Well, what I heard was 1)we had cornbread mix at home 2)turn on the VCR to tape NBC. Now I did all the rest, but "Grey's Anatomy" didn't get taped because the VCR in the bedroom was out of tape. Anyhoo, all these little things add up and it kind of stresses Cari out when she has to remember so much more then me. I try...I really do...I can only do so much.



Check out the recent acquisition our Dallas Stars picked up this week. He might help us out...someone has to keep our benches warm, right? ha ha

My knee still hurts a little bit. It's been three weeks and there is still some residual pain. I can walk fine, even run a bit but when I try to stretch it out all the way it tightens up on me. Now I know why knee injuries sideline athletes. They are truly the wheels of the car it seems.

Applied for about 20 jobs this week! There's one for an office manager that's like ten minutes from Zach's babysitter...would be so great if I could get it. (sigh) I will pray about it. All I can do.

Took Zach to the park last Saturday. All he wanted to do was run back to the car! Talk about taking a dog off its leash ha ha. I hope I get to take him a lot more.

No comments: