Friday, February 09, 2007

"Valentine's Day? Already!?"

Gee whiz, why is it the older you get the more time seems to freefall? Zach isn't even a year and a half and already he has TWO Christmases, Halloweens, Thanksgivings and now two Valentine's Days. Man is he growing. What surprises me about him is his willingness to do things for himself. Used to be in the morning Emmy and the neighbor kid would go to the car and buckle up and I would carry Zach and strap him in. Now he wants to walk out the front door to the car like his sister. I remember Emmy learned how to strap herself in at like 2 1/2. Looks like Zach will be following the same path. And that's fine with me.

So lil' ol Bloggah lets us post paint images we make ourselves now?? That's super duper. Here's my first foray into creative art:


I was reading the comics at work this morning and came across "Real Life Adventures" which has been my favourite strip for several years. Ever hear someone say they have a "dry sense of humour"? The goal is to make people laugh without making it seem like you're trying to do so. Seinfeld did this better then anyone else and my humour seems to relate to this genre. Anyhoo, I saw this strip and immediately thought of Zach and I when he was starting to eat jar foods and such.

Pretty much every night I take Zach into his room and rock him for about ten minutes or so. Turn on a CD, turn off the lights, and he just lays there, very peaceful. I used to rock Emmy when she was that age, but she squirmed so much (gets that from her mom ya know lol) that after about two minutes I was done. But I'm glad Zach got the calm gene, at least when being held. It's our special time together and Zach seems to know it. He senses it and gets a little giddy too. One thing I worry about more then I should is as Zach gets older we won't have as much in common and not be as close as I would like. I don't know why I worry so much. Maybe a good parent worries more. (shrug)

Going to Steak 'N' Ale tomorrow night! The in-laws are watching the kids and it's just me and the little woman. They have a great lobster soup/bisque thing. I'm glad she arranged this for us. Too often parents devote so much time to the kids that they forget how to be alone with each other the way they used to be. This is our Valentine's celebration ya know. I know it's early, but...

HAVE YOU EVER TRIED TO GO OUT TO EAT ON VALENTINE'S DAY???

It's chaos! Pandemonium! You'd have better odds winning the lottery on the same day you get struck by lightning then try to get a seat in a restaraunt! Not that I would ever attempt doing both those things on the same day, mind you. Well, maybe the lottery. =)

No comments: