Monday, March 24, 2008

"Making Up For Lost Time"

A very busy last couple of weeks. In fact, so busy that I didn't have time to finish this post last week! So I will combine last week and this week as there was quite a bit going on. Last weekend we went to the Dallas Arboretum for a little fresh air, some exhibits on our fine state, and traffic!! So much so that we had nowhere to park and had to take a shuttle. Never go on Easter weekend...ever! Chances are there's about a million people that have the same idea. Here are some good pics though:

CIMG0418
Here we see the sign that greeted us and explained just what the heck was going on out there.

CIMG0413
Here are Zach and Emmy with their grandma Mary on the bus out to the gardens. Between the air conditioning and the comfy chairs this may have been the best part of the day lol.

CIMG0427
Zach: "Hey Dad, did you know that goats will eat leather?"
Me: "Oh yeah? How'd ya find that out?"
Zach: "Cuz this one just ate your wallet!"
Me: "I didn't know my wallet was real leather...see if you can get my Subway gift card out of his mouth...and my driver's license..."

CIMG0445
Yup...that's one big flower hat...

This week I officially graduated from my training class at HealthMarkets!! I can't believe it has been eight weeks already. Plus I just found out that they lowered the expectations on us to make bonuses so my base pay is only part of the story. I really want to be with this company for as long as possible and I know the only way to accomplish this is to strive to not be 2nd or 3rd best but 1st. I know that I will be in this position for at least until Feb 4 2009 so I better know what I'm doing. And I do. Seriously. I've been on my own all this week and I haven't come across anything I can't handle. When we have our next 401K party it will be nice to get a nice little check this time. You know how hard it is to watch other people get checks while you sit there not knowing who anyone is? Not next time.

One of my favourite comedians is John Pinette. If you don't know who he is, but you watch Seinfeld, you would know him as the fat guy who got robbed in the Finale. But his comedy is self-preciating but in a good way, like you know he really doesn't feel that way about himself. Sometimes I feel that way, like if I beat people to the joke about me it will make me feel better. Sometimes it does, sometimes not. Here's a clip of him:



Makes me want to go to a water park now ha ha.

I have my own desk and cubicle now...what shall I decorate it with...hmm...maybe this:

Rodimus
I'll be the envy of all the other adults up there ha ha.

No comments: