Saturday, March 15, 2008

"One Great Weekend!"

What makes it so great? Well, lots of things actually! Last night I was supposed to go out with a friend and Cari was going to have some of her friends over for a girls' night. One thing I've learned is that things can change in a second. First, my friend cancels. Then, some of Cari's friends can't make it. Fortunately, we usually make the best of it though. I hung out with Zach instead and made the most of it. We cruise down town to...well...down town. What I love about going there is you never know what's going on there. And as it turns out, the auto show was going on! Zach couldn't stop running from car to car which means I couldn't stop running after him! He had a great time though. We had a great time:

CIMG0362
Zach: "Hey Dad, can we buy this car?"
Me: "Um...yeah...I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you there..."

CIMG0369
Zach: "What about this one?"
Me: "Um...hmm...(opens wallet) No."

CIMG0375
Me: "Bumblebee? If you can hear me...say something."
Zach: "Dad..."
Me: "You called me...Dad...can you transform?"
Zach: "Dad! It's not him!"

Afterwards we stopped at Jack In The Box for a little dinner, came home, put Zach to bed and sang a few songs (competitively of course lol). Tonight Emmy gets to go to the Stars hockey game with her aunt Keri! She may not like hockey but I'm sure she will enjoy the cotton candy or whatever she talks her aunt into buying her! Zach is staying with his grandma Mary and Cari and I are going on a date! Not sure where we're going or what we're doing, but we really want to try something different. So we're just gonna get in the ol' car and see what we haven't done. We tried that a couple of times before and ended up having dinner at like 9pm. Good times lol.

This has become one of my favourite YouTube clips. Imagine the amount of time and patience it took to make this AND...he opened them up! I may not have the time to make something like this but I could...if I wanted to.



You have to have some kid-free time every now and then. Dr. Phil said a long time ago that couples who don't take time for themselves and only think about their kids tend to forget how to communicate and end up losing interest with each other which usually leads to divorce. I really don't want that to happen. Cari and I have always been able to talk about things though. I think that's always been the one constant in my relationships. Good conversation cannot be faked.

No comments: