Thursday, September 25, 2008

"Missed It By THAT...Much..."

Yes, it was on this day in 2005 that Don Adams, best known by the world as bumbling agent 86 Maxwell Smart, passed away, leaving behind a heck of a legacy in TV and movies. The first time I caught Get Smart I thought it was the funniest thing since sliced bread. Wait. It's supposed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, not the funniest. It's the funniest thing since...Milton Berle? Yeah, that's better. Now granted, some of the ways he would get out of jams were beyond far fetched. There was one where he and 99 (the hot Barbara Feldon) were trapped with their heads in a guillotine and they were talking to each other. All of a sudden the blade drops and Max's head falls to the ground. Well, his body staggers around and his real head comes up out of his shirt, knocks the guys at KAOS out, and rescues 99. As it turns out, he had a standard-issue inflatable head that he had inserted into the guillotine ahead of time. Huh? How in the world did he talk while his real head was in his coat? Ah well. I guess that's part of the mindless fun that was CONTROL. Here are some great clips of Max and co.:






We got a family membership at ye olde YMCA a few weeks ago, complete with workout facilities and a pool. We've worked out...six times I think? At least I have. So far I've lost about 5 lbs. But the real workout has been in the weights they have there. Weights to work out every part of your form. I feel so much better after an hour there, and at first I was a little sore, but not so much as of late. Plus, they have this KidZone where Zach and Emmy can play while we're doing our thing. All for $55. Double plus, HealthMarkets will reimburse $25 a month if we go ten times a month. Just like it was meant to be.

They put our pictures up at work for all of us who had someone tell our supervisit that they were very pleased with the job we did for them. Here is the "Wall Of Kudos":

Mike's Kudos
See if you can find me.

Got some funny pics of the kids in the bath last night. Emmy had reached a point where all she wanted to do was take showers but now she's starting to enjoy the baths more now that Zach needs one every night. Don't ya just hate smelly kids? I do. If I had my way I'd have them in the bath every hour. I guess that would be a little mean. Just a little ha ha.

Zach in the bath
Zach and Emmy in the bath
Funny how kids never get tired of 1) making bubble hats and 2) making bubble hats for other people.

I hear that they are making a Transformers 2 as we speak...or type...whichever. You think I'm a little excited about this? Yeah I am! Sometimes when I'm driving I wish I could transform and sidestep all the traffic. If you had seen a 1997 Nissan Sentra transform it would probably transform into an old man with a heart murmur. That car sure has been good to me. Seven and 1/2 years I've had this thing and still the beat goes on. Thanks Grandma. We need to go see her again. Sometimes on Friday we go out to aunt Glenda's and play cards. Always have a real fun time. I hope my grandkids want to hang out with me at some point. I know this is years away, but if there's one thing you should know about me, it's that very aware of the future I am, to quote rapmaster Yoda.

No comments: