Thursday, October 02, 2008

"One Fun Picnic!"

Yes, it was the time of year when the robes came off, the beer flowed like wine, and the good times rolled. Our church had its' annual Picnic to raise money for the kids. What kids need money for is beyond me, but I was told it was necessary...you know...for the kids. So, we bought some tickets, had some snacks and I even got a shirt out of it. Here are a few pics of our day:

St Vincent Picnic 9-28-08
Zach: "Hey Dad, this sheep is pretty neat-looking."
Me: "Um, that's not a sheep son. That's a giant earthworm larvae!"
Zach: "Eewww!!! Why is this even in a petting zoo in the first place?"
Me: (shrug)

St Vincent Picnic 9-28-08
Ethan: "Uncle Mike...I think this monkey on my head whizzed all over my shirt!"
Me: "Aww...that's terrible! On the bright side, you still have your snow cone."
Ethan: "This cup was empty!"
Me: "Ugh...um...yeah...good luck with that whole thing there..."

St Vincent Picnic 9-28-08
Zach and Emmy: "Hey Dad, do you want to hear our snow cone commercial we made up?"
Me: "Um...sure..."

Emmy: "As a girl on the go, I need a snack with substance. That's why I eat church picnic snow cones. They taste great and give me the energy I need! Right Zach?"
Zach: "Yeah."
Emmy: "Plus, they come in these biodegradeable paper cups that won't harm the planet. Now that's good for the environment. Right Zach?"
Zach: "Yeah."
Emmy: "So the next time you're at a Catholic church picnic, be sure to pick up a snow cone in one of four great flavours. You'll be glad you did. Right Zach?"
Zach: "Hey, how come all I'm saying is 'Yeah'?"
Emmy: "Because! You're not a member of the Screen Actor's Guild! Silly goose!"
Zach: "Hmm...I'll have to take your word for that."

I just realized that it has been one year exactly since they closed our department at Pharmacare. I guess the last year has been kind of a blur of a new job, a lost job, another new job, and about 4 months of training thrown in. So get this. We have this meeting at work on Thursday and although we're short handed, we're overbudget. I tell ya, I really like this company, but lately we all feel like oxen being worked to death. We need 20-30 more people and we're getting like seven. And that's assuming more people don't quit. Ah well. I know, I'm glad I have a job lol.

You ever come across someone and just know from the get go that you will never, ever like them? Just something about them gives off a bad vibe and the last thing you want is to be stuck spending time with them on any level? Well, thinking back to Pharmacare brought up such a memory. His name was Steven Thomasson, and he looks (hand to God) like a penguin. He had these glasses, bald on top, and looked at you with this stare that just creeped-you-out. So I try to stay out of his way, and Cari doesn't understand why I would say these things about him...until one day...when she was in the breakroom and he just shows up out of nowhere right behind her and scared her almost to death. Ever since that day, she undersood exactly where I was coming from. Sometimes I think people feel that way about me. Like "Does he ever just shut up?" I tend to get chatty with people I just met lol. In my mind I tell myself "Don't bombard the chap!"

St Vincent Picnic 9-28-08
Band: "Helllloooooo St Vincent!!! We're the "Holy Rollers" and we know every song out there! Any requests?"
Parishoner #1: "Can I hear 'Glory Of Love' by Peter Cetera?"
Band: "Nah, I ain't singin' that...anyone else?"
Parishoner #2: "Can I hear 'Funkytown'?"
Band: "Nah, I ain't singin' that either...here's one you may know...Babe...I got you babe...I got you babe...all together now..."
Everyone: "I GOT.....YOU.....BABE....Woooooo Hoooooooooo!!!!"

A special welcome to Shelby of ToyRiffic as my one (of hopefully many) followers on my toy site! He's got some mad stuff too.

No comments: