Friday, December 04, 2009

"They Say It's Your Birthday...!"

Well what do you know, it's my birthday too yeah! Numero 35 coming around the corner on 12-8-09. Wow, where does it all go, ya know? To be honest, I can't think of a single thing I really want or need that I just have to have. I'm sure Cari would think of lots of things I need ha ha, but they're probably tools or gardening things.

It's gotten cold here this week! For Ft Worth, anything under 55 is downright frigid. Today we went and re-tried to do our Megabuck shopping at Big Lots and it was around 35 degrees! We have this cabinet of stuff and if you do good things at work you get Megabucks and you can save them up. In the past it was a lot of office supplies. YAWN. So we formed the Spirit Team and now we get cool things and seasonal things. So of course we bought lots of Snuggies and candles and winter items. I tell you, ya gotta love a company where they pay you to go shopping.

Emmy's grades have really improved as of late. Her science grade was a 70 last period now it's 84! I'm so proud of her and never miss a chance to tell her. She still gets a little frustrated at herself for not understanding things right away. And man, was I the same way. So knowing she feels like I used to feel helps me be more patient with her. She's still smarter then most kids her age. And yes, that's a biased opinion ha ha.

Going to a Christmas party tonight! Our neighbors have kindly invited us to their home for some treats and games. They're nice people and I feel bad about never having them over, at least as much as we'd like to.

21 days left folks...hope you've been good!

No comments: