Saturday, November 28, 2009

"It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like..."

Christmas!! Yeah man! Now that Black Friday has come and gone, we can look forward to making this Christmas the best one yet. A few ways I have taken it upon myself to get in the holiday spirit:

I wanted some holiday candles so I went to Target and found...a roasted chestnut candle. It is great! It's not as overpowering as those other pumpkin spice candles. I also found an apple spice candle which accents the other candle perfectly.

I put up the Christmas lights on the house yesterday. Between climbing on the roof and sitting and kneeling in many different positions to get them on the trim, it's a workout! But they all work, so...success!

Watched Planes, Trains And Automobiles yesterday morning. Oh man was that funny. The truth is, don't we all know that someone that wears on our last nerve every day of the year and not just on Thanksgiving? I know most people would say that I am that someone, but I don't care ha ha.

Emmy has her list to Santa all ready:

Emmy's 2009 Letter To Santa
Emmy's 2009 Letter To Santa
At first I thought she had really planned the whole thing out, but later I found out she copied the toy catalog from target verbatim to make sure she asked for 10 times the number of toys she really wanted. Greedy? A little. Smart? You betcha!

I thought Christmas last year was perfect. So why mess with what works? But this year will be a little weird with Grandpa not being there. I mean, I know he's always with us and all. How do you say good-bye to someone who's been there since the day you were born? We only get so many Christmases on this Earth, so we have to make them count. Emmy and I discovered this song a while back, and I think it sums up how we feel:

No comments: