Friday, August 19, 2011

"One Great Movie!"

Yes, after months of speculation and wonder, I got to see Captain America with Jerramy last Friday night!! I've been waiting for this one ever since the comercials started, but didn't think I would be able to catch it in the theater...you know, the way God intended? Here's a YouTube clip if you're wondering what it's all about:


This doesn't do it justice! What I really enjoyed about this movie was that it doesn't matter what size you are or where you come from. If the drive and determination are strong enough, anything is possible. That is what I took away from it. Maybe I'll put it into use one of these days...

Really enjoying this iPhone! I don't think there's anything it can't do...except play Flash-enabled content...but I'll live if that never happens. Here are some pics I have taken recently with it:

Lake Arlington 8-13-11
Lake Arlington, once full to the brim of water and boaters, is now an empty shell of its' former self. Just shows what a four month rainless drought will do to a natural body of water. We did get a rainy day a couple of weeks ago...shocking!!


Hey, it's Zach as Captain America! What a timely picture. I hope he picks this one for Halloween.


This one was just taken last night. We got to meet Emily and Zach's teachers! Emily has Mrs. Fike, who seems like the nicest person. Funny how the nice ones usually end up being dragons in the classroom. Hopefully Emmy will have a great year. Zach's teacher's name is Mrs. Baty. No, not related to Ned Beatty (I checked). I didn't get to talk to her a whole lot, but Cari asked some questions I'm sure. God Bless the teacher who has to have Zach in her class. He's a good kid, but he's very...high-spirited. I wonder if he'll conform to the norm and get along with the other kids.

And finally...


No, Emmy does not fit in these carts anymore. Yes, she defied all laws of physics and got in there anyway.

125 days until my Christmas vacation!!! And man, it cannot go by fast enough. Eleven days in a row to take me into 2012. I forget about it from time to time and then when I remember I get a giddy surge of adrenaline. Good times.

Cari's birthday is coming up! The big 3-5! I should plan something really cool for her...but what?

No comments: