Monday, August 01, 2011

"I'll be There For You..."

...cuz you're there for me tooo....

If you've never seen any episodes of Friends, and I really can't imagine anyone falling into this category, then you have truly deprived yourself of some of the funniest material to ever hit NBC's airwaves. I have seen every episode numerous times, and yet I alwayskeep them recorded on my DVR at home. I'm even working on downloading all ten seasons so I can watch them on my new iPhone! Yes, I have joined the ranks of millions of others and now have the 3G iPhone. The speed isn't great, but it certainly comes in handy when there's no WiFi. Now I will use my iPod strictly for movies and keep everything else on the phone. Good times.




OMG, the bloopers are just as funny as the show itself. Now I can while away the hours at work thanks to YouTube!

Last Saturday we got to go to the circus!! Keri got some awesome suite tickets so we got to enjoy it in style. No riff raff sitting next to us screaming and getting drunk. I hadn't been in like 15 or 20 years so it was pretty cool. Zoomed in as best I could with Emmy's camera:

Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey Circus 7-30-11
Okay, this guy is just crazy...if only the tigers grasped the concept that outnumbering a human means your freedom...

Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey Circus 7-30-11
"The Mighty Meetal"...? That's the best name he could come up with? I think he lifted like 800 lbs there...maybe 400...

Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey Circus 7-30-11
Seven motorcycles in a cage...yeah, that's how I wanna spend my afternoon...hoping I don't die.

Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey Circus 7-30-11
Elephant #1: "Why are we balancing on these things anyway? What are they paying us to do this anyways?"
Elephant #2: "Um...in peanuts...we get paid in peanuts...get it?"
Elephant #3: "Oh that's such an old joke!"
Elephant #4: "No, I think he's serious...there's like a ton of peanuts in our dressing room."
Elephant #1: "Screw this, there's a Spaghetti Warehouse down the street."

Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey Circus 7-30-11
These guys were just plain nuts. Talented...but nuts.

Afterwards we took the elephant's advice and headed to Spaghetti Warehouse to finish the last leg of Emmy's birthday! Cari and I shared this "Italian Feast for Two". Well, they brought it out, and it could have fed four people easily. needless to say, we brought a decent meal home. meanwhile, Emmy got some cool presents:

Spaghetti Warehouse 7-30-11
Cash! She got like $65! Who knows what it'll be spent on. She wants a laptop and her own iPhone. Does she need them? Of course not. She must be the only girl who wants something she doesn't truly need, ya know?

Emmy has been in New York since Wednesday! Her and Ethan got to go since they passed their TAKS test. Hopefully she's taking pictures like crazy. Zach got to spend a couple of days with his cousin Canyon so Cari and I had some time to ourselves. Always welcome it seems. Zach came back yesterday and of course, laid in our bed for a while. He just leaps right up there like it's his. It's okay though. I rarely let Emmy lay in there for fear she wouldn't want to sleep anywhere else. Now I wish I had. But it doesn't look like she's bothered a whole lot by it. And a kid who keeps their cool is a blessing.

No comments: