Friday, December 09, 2011

"Happy Birthday To..."

ME, chumps!! ME ME ME!!!! Numero 37 man...and I gotta say...I don't think I've ever felt better in my life. Physically, anyways. Other things...not so much. I'm such an idiot sometimes. I'm putting the rest of the Christmas lights yesterday and I set my wallet on top of my car and forogt about it and drove off to work and it flew off somewhere. Arggh! I spent all morning today at the DMV getting a new license. At least they gave me a temporary one to use until I get my new license in 2-4 weeks. Still have to call my cards and stuff. Hopefully will get it done this weekend.

Emmy had her very first cello recital last night!! She played perfectly. Was so proud of her:

Emily's Cello Recital 12-8-11
Future Yo-Yo Ma?? I wish I knew other cellists...but...I do not...

Emily's Cello Recital 12-8-11
Zach: "Dad...how much longer is this concert??"
Me: "Let's see...they've been playing for how long?"
Zach: "About three minutes."
Me: "Ahh...then...six more hours."
Zach: "Aaaghhhh..."

Before the concert, however, we had a little birthday party for yours truly! Got something I've been wanting for a long...LONG...time:

Mike Is 37! 12-8-1974
A new camera!!! And this one has some serious zoom action that those thinner cameras just don't have. Will test it out this weekend when we go to Mom's house for Keri and I's annual birthday home-cooked lunch!

Mike Is 37! 12-8-1974
Emmy took time out of her busy schedule to make a rose for me! She used only manila paper! So creative she is.

Mike Is 37! 12-8-1974
How bout them Rangers! I tried it on last night and it was sooo warm and comfortable. I'm such a woman ha ha. I'm still gonna wear the shirt though, even if they couldn't win the World Series...twice. I can't be mad at them though. Been a lot of fun the last coule of falls.

We had our holiday lunch at work today! Fajitas and more!! Tore...it...up. Since I didn't have breakfast due to the whole driver's license thing I had to make the most of it. And man I did. My department all sat at the same table and had a real nice time.

Hopefully once I get all my stuff replaced...which I guess now includes a new wallet...I'll feel much better. I did finally get some candles!! A red velvet cake one and a pumpkin pie one. Seperately they don't do a lot but together...man it is awesome in our house. Plus I got more lights not only on the house but also on our tree! Looks great. To me that's what I look forward to about Christmas more than any present. Making things look festive and getting Zach and Emmy involved in what the true meaning of Christmas is...and it aint gifts. Sometimes I wonder what ever happened to all those presents I got. One year I was doubting whether or not Santa even existed. And then...I got this:

HAVOC fully deployed
The G I Joe H.A.V.O.C. This was the present that, for the moment, renewed my belief. A few years went by...and it wasn't until about three or four years ago that the gift tag that said "To Mike From Santa" looked identical to my mom's handwriting. Why could I never put that together...it seems like I've been so clueless my whole life. Could never see the forest for the trees, ya know? Seems like I've spent my 30's waking up...learning how to figure things out easier instead of always taking the hardest most impossible road out there. Sure spent my 20's doing enough of that. So many mistakes...so many bad choices...but it only made me stronger I guess. I still want to find something for Cari for Christmas that lets her know how much she means to me. What to get her...what to get her...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

No comments: