Friday, December 02, 2011

"Did I Miss A Week?"

Well I sure did. Four days of Thanksgiving vacation didn't leave me a lot of time so I'll have to make this one a super-duper-sized post! A lot has happened in the last 2 weeks. Zach had his end of year T-Ball party:

Zach's T-Ball Party 11-20-11
Hey, that's one good looking trophy! Of course, 30 minutes later the bat broke and had to be super-glued...ahh, boys will be boys yes?

Zach's T-Ball Party 11-20-11
I love this shot of us. Zach is doing the impossible: smiling nicely AND staring at the camera. Miracles can come true...they can happen to you...

The night before that while Cari and Emmy were shopping at Justice, a store that does not like guys coming in and loitering, Zach and I took some pictures around the newly-erected Christmas tree and surrounding decorations:

Arlington Highlands Tree and Decorations 11-19-11
Zach: "Hey Dad, how do you light up this reindeer?"
Me: "Um...set it on fire?"
Zach: "Do you have a lighter? I'll light this sucka up right now!"
Me: "Figure of speech son..."

Arlington Highlands Tree and Decorations 11-19-11
This one looks like a Christmas card! I might be able to superimpose Cari and Emmy in it ha ha.

We also had Emmy's end of year soccer party! They didn't win very many games, but they sure played as hard as anyone:

Emily Soccer Party 11-19-11
Man, in a couple of years Emmy will be taller than all of us!

Emmy has a volleyball tourney tomorrow. The more they win, the longer they play. I'm not sure which I'm rooting for more. Sports is such a long season sometimes.

So far our Christmas plans are starting to come together. It's always such a runaround sometimes but if we don't have our family together, the holidays just don't take on the specialness that will ultimately stand the test of time. Stuff comes and goes but to have people around you who don't mind having you around, well...its' value is well above anything we could ever buy or sell.

No comments: