Tuesday, July 24, 2012

"Vacation Time Part One!"

Yeah, that's right. Part ONE. When we do so much that I have to split it up into two posts, you know we had ourselves a gay old time, to quote one Fred Flintstone. Let's start...with Monday:

Moody Gardens!!

Moody Gardens - Rain Forest Pyramid 7-16-2012

Pretty fancy pyramid yes? There's actually three of them, one for their aquarium, another for the rain forest that we wound up visiting, and another for some kind of learning experience about the human body...with real cadavers! Sounded a bit gross to me, but to each their own. Once we got inside from the 95 degree heat, we discovered the rain forest had their own 95 degree heat plus extra humidity! Luckily they had A/C vents blowing cool air so it wasn't all bad. Man was there plenty of things to take pictures of:

Moody Gardens - Rain Forest Pyramid 7-16-2012

I just saw that Zach had spilled his "Bellywasher" drink all over his pants. He did not - I repeat - did not wet himself. But it took everything in him to not manhandle the giant geode.

Moody Gardens - Rain Forest Pyramid 7-16-2012

A blue duiker! Never heard of it but it was really cool that all these birds and animals were all around us and not just behind six inches of bulletproof glass, ya know?

Moody Gardens - Rain Forest Pyramid 7-16-2012

These...monkey things...ran right by Zach and me! Turns out they weren't even monkeys! They were members of the monkey family though. Surprisingly, they didn't jump on anyone and attack them. I guess Rise Of The Planet of The Apes was just make believe then?

Moody Gardens - Rain Forest Pyramid 7-16-2012

A lizard!! A chameleon actually. I had to take this picture in almost pitch black conditions. I think it turned out pretty good!

Moody Gardens - Rain Forest Pyramid 7-16-2012

Hey, that's a really good shot of us! I like the birds in the background too. I think I even insisted on the guy getting them in the shot. I'm planning on printing up a bunch of these and re-filling the different picture collages in the house.

Moody Gardens - Rain Forest Pyramid 7-16-2012

Bats! Weren't a whole lot of them in their little cave but I like the close-up I got. I figure with the new Dark Knight Rises movie coming out I'd better feature some nocturnal animals!

Moody Gardens - Rain Forest Pyramid 7-16-2012

Zach: "Help! I'm about to fall in this pond!"
Me: "Oh wow, how deep is that water?"
Zach: "Um...only 23 feet."
Me: "You can swim that, can't you?"
Zach: "I can, but it says there's snakes in this water!"
Me: "Oh you'll be alright...just remember not to get bitten!"

Moody Gardens - Rain Forest Pyramid 7-16-2012

Chrysalisses!! I think that's the plural term for it. If you look closely, you can see one of the butterflies hatching! We got a butterfly growing kit a few years ago and they looked pretty creepy.

Next stop...

Kemah Boardwalk!!

Kemah Boardwalk 7-16-2012

This is a cool place to get a good picture right outside of the Aquarium restaraunt we ate at last year. We considered another place to eat, but in the end we enjoyed this place so much last year that why mess with what works eh?

Kemah Boardwalk 7-17-2012

Aww, this is a great shot of me and the boy. It looks like he's giving me a hug, but I think I felt a bit of a choke hold there! What did I ever do to him, ya know?

Kemah Boardwalk 7-17-2012

This is a really good shot of Cari and me. Although...I wonder what she's trying to grab ha ha. I wanted to tell her "Hey, my wallet's in my BACK pocket!"

Kemah Boardwalk 7-17-2012

Emily: "Eeeww, this fish is so slimy! Will you dry it off Dad?"
Me: "Oh sure...just let me use my shirt."
Emily: "Really? You'd do that for me, your only daughter?"
Me: "No! Get real man..."

Kemah Boardwalk 7-17-2012

It took a few tries to get a good background shot of Emmy on the ferris wheel, but this one wins the prize! What prize was that? Zach won a snake or something and Emmy won a bear. Zach of course didn't think his prize was as good as he should have gotten, but what kid is ever satisfied with what they have, right?

Next week, I shall dip into my cream of the crop pictures from Seaworld! And man I took some beauties! But this post is in danger of running out of control, so I will wait a bit and feature them later. But we had a really good time. My bed felt so good. My kingdom for a king size bed in a hotel room!

No comments: