Friday, October 14, 2005

Prioritizing

Not a whole lot to talk about this week. Baby boy Overall is still planned for a 9am Halloween birth. The baby shower was a lot of fun. Pretty much all my family came!! I was pleasantly surprised to see EIGHT members show up! I was hoping for ten but eight is pretty cool. In the emantime, I took Emmy to Putt-Putt (or as she calls it, 'Putzy Putzy'). Where she got that is beyond me. Sounds like...something I would have said when I was her age ha ha. I could not ask for anything more then what I got in my daughter. She is the neatest kid in the world and is so psyched about being a big sister. Zack is already lucky and he isn't even born yet!! Here's a picture of her doing her best with that big club of hers:



She did very well for her...3rd time is it? Turns out she cracked the code of playing high-quality golf: move the ball with your hand to about three inches in front of the cup. We played three rounds in like 45 minutes!! I think it was a record.

Speaking of family...there is one member that hasn't really been a friend for about the last two years or so. My cousin Josh has been a virtual no-show for as long as I can remember. We worked together for about a year at Pizza Hut in Grand Prairie and we would hang out from time to time. I remember one Friday night in 1999. We got off at nine and went to Denny's afterwards. Was a really nice evening. We just sat and talked about what was on our minds. I'll never forget it either.

Since then he's been a hermit...at least towards me. He lives 10 minutes from my house and the last thing on his mind would be stopping by or calling. He barely talks to his own family let alone me. Which is downright puzzling because I always thought we were friends. Maybe I was wrong. Plus I always get the feeling that there's something going on that I'm not in on between him and his dad (my Uncle Tom). Something's changed with those two and I have no idea what it is. The bottom line is, how am I supposed to consider him a friend when that is the last thing on his mind? Is he just another family member now? One that I see at Thanksgiving and maybe July 4th? I guess this is how it is now. In fact, I think Christmas Eves are going to be spent entirely with Cari's family just because of this. I cannot go through my day always worrying and wondering if it was something I did that created this rift between us. So, from now on, there is no more friend Josh Yeats. Just relative. Distant relative.

No comments: