Friday, October 07, 2005

It's Dad's Birthday!!

Yes, the time has come again when we MUST recognize this man's birthday. Kerry Overall is turning 53 years old today. So, to honor his legacy(if applicable), let's look back on some things that have been invented since ol' pop was bred...or born...whichever term you'd like to use:

Television
Home VCR & Beta Machine
Air conditioning
DVD Player
iPod
Digital Camera

So there's a few things that Dad can say he's older then! Woo hoo!! If you'd like to see his best side, then click here.

And now, for those of you who are interested, here is Act Two of my burgeoning screen play "My Journey":

(VO from Abe):
(watching TV at age 12)
"What I was hoping was a temporary solution has become quite permanent. Mom works one job in the afternoon and another one at night and sleeps while I am at school. I still can't have anyone over, but I can use the stove. I have some friends at school, but only one at home."
(pan to remote control)
(cut to Abe looking out window. Cut to window where he sees summer camp bus picking up kids)
VO:
"They sure do look like they're having fun. Maybe one day I'll be able to do that."
(changes channel to cooking program)
(Abe watches awhile)
Abe:
"I can make that."
(fade to three-course meal on table)
"This is certainly much better then whatever Mom has been bringing home."
(VO)
"I may have been taught in school, but what I needed to know I learned from TV."
(pan to Abe watching Bruce Lee movie and learning karate moves and practicing a violin he borrowed from school)
(cut to high school graduation)
"Finally the big day was here. Only one thing could have made it great."
(pan to empty chair in auditorium)
"Now that I was no longer required to be trapped by my own home, the world was mine!"
(End scene)
Act Three coming soon!!

No comments: