Saturday, January 27, 2007

"Not Much Goin' On..."

I'm at work right now actually...on Saturday...ugh. I went outside this morning about 7:15 and it was cool, cloudy and a little windy, and all I could think about was doing anything else, being anywhere else, besides spending the next nine hours talking to people ranging from 20 years old to 100 years old. For some reason anytime the weather gets like this it always reminds me of being a kid, like on those days when you had a half day at school which for some reason always seemed more exciting then a day off. Maybe because I felt like I was pulling a fast one on the school. Look what I got away with.

Every now and then I get in these really adventurous moods and honestly I don't know how to satisfy them. Part of me wants to create some kind of craft or hobby in my house, part of me wants to take a drive out to some kind of festival or event in the park...which is hard to do when you have a 1 year old who is still learning to walk and can only do so much before he falls asleep lol. In 2005 right before Zach was born we went to this place, the Log Cabin Village in Fort Worth. Was a very nice day and we had a great time. But the part I remember the fondest was afterwards, walking to the car through this park area that just seemed like a great way to spend an afternoon.

Here's a few pics of what we did:



Musicians: "Are you ready to rock!!"
Us: "Um, yeah, I guess..."
Musicians: "I can't hear you!! I said...ARE YOU READY TO ROCK!!"
Us: "Yes! We already said that!"
Musicians: "Ah, you're a beautiful crowd..."



Blacksmith: "Ya see this gun I made here? Ya see it? I just made this seconds ago!"
Us: "Um, excuse me, but isn't it still hot?"
Blacksmith: "It's extremely hot!"

(awkward silence)

Blacksmith: "Any other questions?"
Us: "How old are you exactly?"
Blacksmith: "Um...I'm not sure...alright, that's it! No more questions!"



Kid: "Okay, this is like the least fun ride EVER."

Was a great day...can't wait to take the boy.

I have been very reminiscent lately...just wait till I get my new camera! Then you'll see a show!

No comments: