Friday, January 12, 2007

"Who The Heck Is David Chicken?"

Well I'm glad you asked! I actually first met him at the Legacy Park Pumpkin Patch last fall where he was the "entertainment". I put that in quotes because his "music" (there I go again) is mainly kid-oriented. But it's also kind of...annoying? In fact, there's one song of his, the only one I remember, that is making me cringe at this very moment. Let's take a look at some of his career highlights:


David: "Mama sang bass...daddy sang tenor..."
Old woman with washboard: "Me and little Billy played bass and fiddle!"


David: "That kid stole my watch! I want him locked up immediately! Make sure he gets my new CD though."


David: "You are a star David Chicken...you're the reason these kids paid $1.50...do not just imitate the chicken...BE...THE CHICKEN..."


David: "That kid threw up all over my stage! That kid right there! Lock him up with the kid who stole my watch!"


Man: "I like to move it move it...I like to move it move it..."
Girl: "Please tell me I'm adopted."

Emmy's cousin Ethan is spending the night tonight. Our plan was to get up early tomorrow and go to the park where Emmy has informed me she can work the monkeybars like a pro. However...it's raining! We may have to re-schedule going. Ethan cracks me up. I predicted that he would be a lawyer when he was about three.

How are you supposed to expect your kids to follow orders and yet learn how to be independent and problem-solve? It's a fine line sometimes. There have been a few times when Emily could have asked us for help and chose not to. While I am impressed at how much she can do at her age she needs to understand that things she wants to do need to go through us. I know she does though. I see families that are dependent on in-laws every now and then and I really hope mine don't turn out that way.

Hope you enjoyed the life and times of David Chicken. Click on the post title to experience the rush that is...David Chicken.

No comments: