Saturday, October 20, 2007

"After Dark In The Park!"

Every year the Living Science Center in Legacy Park (long name right?) has a Halloween party. We went last year and had such a great time we decided to go this year too! Something for everyone. Here's what happened:

CIMG0269
Zach: "I see markers but no knives! How's a brother supposed to make a jack-o-lantern around here!?"
Me: "I don't think these pumpkins are for carving there..."
Zach: "Ehh...probably for the best. Kids shouldn't have knives anyway, right?"

CIMG0274
Emmy: "Hey Dad, do you like my ghost hat?"
Me: "Um...that really looks fashionable there..."
Emmy: "Well, I didn't get it for a fashion statement! I got it to keep ghosts away!"
Me: "Hmm...yeah...that was $9.00 well spent..."

CIMG0286
Emmy: "How do you like my ghost art Dad?"
Me: "I thought we got you that hat to keep ghosts away!"
Emmy: "Oh yeah...think we can get your $9.00 back?"

CIMG0306
Emmy: "Okay Zach, just remember the routine we rehearsed!"
Zach: "Hey, this is a bounce house, not Soul Train!"
Emmy: "Look, dance the routine or I'll have Guy Smiley over there knock ya down."
Zach: "And a one, and a two..."

CIMG0318
Two Coopers full of lit-up jack-o-lanterns...what else can ya say about that?

CIMG0317
Zach: "I'm ready for my close-up Mr. DeMille!"

Finished my SECOND week at Aegon, and I would have to say it went a lot better then the first week. Now we're taking what we learned and finding it in their system. Our trainer actually told me she thinks I'd be a real asset since she has observed me picking this stuff up really well. Really makes me feel great knowing someone sees that in me. I've actually hated most every job I ever had. Either it was too much manual labour or the pay was awful...always something. But with this place it is shaping up to be the company I can see myself retiring from. We have learned a lot about just how many benefits there are with a long term care insurance policy. Who knows, I may even need some of them when I turn 80 lol. There's so many I won't list them, but every contingency has been thought of and planned for. No one wants to go into a nursing home, but wouldn't it be nice knowing the $5,000 a month bill was taken care of due to you thinking ahead and having a policy in place? And no, I don't get commission ha ha.

Monopoly is back at McDonald's. Wouldn't it be nice to get Park Place and Boardwalk and win a million dollars? Or maybe a free burger. Either one would be cool with me.

No comments: