Saturday, June 21, 2008

"Two Snips for Mikey"

...and man, was it painful. In case you were wondering what that was all about, as of 10:23am CST on June 20, 2008, I had a vasectomial procedure (that even a word?) and now cannot have anymore kids. Now, keep in mind this was not a fly-by-night decision. Cari and I had discussed this ever since we found out Zach was a boy (which I had been wanting for a while). Now here we are, three short years later, and it has finally become a reality. And not a moment too soon. Now don't get me wrong, I love Zach and Emmy to death. But man...add one more to that mix and I may go simply mad. They are complete opposites of each other and while Emmy is more predictable, Zach is NOT. He's like a jack in the box that could go off at any minute, no matter where you are. Here's hoping he outgrows that at some point in his life. Now granted, he's only 2 1/2, but it seems like he's been two years old forever. The whole year has been a constant blur of time outs, spankings, and these guys:



Now it's not that I can't stand them (like Barney) but man, I can only take so much. Now once he likes Transformers (and hopefully there's a cartoon about them at some point), then we'll have something going.

What's funny is Emmy was such a great kid. Hardly any whining, always did what she was told. Always slept all night. Zach got up at 6:15 this morning and doesn't care who he wakes up. I know, he's only 2, but I was really looking forward to sleeping in a little this morning after what happened yesterday. One day I keep telling myself.

No comments: