Wednesday, June 04, 2008

"Emily's Last Day?"

Of first grade that is!! I still cannot believe when she starts school this fall she will be in 2nd grade. This year hasn't been as much fun and as influential as it could have been I don't think. Her Kindergarten teacher really set the bar high as far as making school enjoyable for Emily and she's been looking for that since. But I think second grade will be something truly great.

I found out today that I have been moved off my 8-5 hours and will not get off until 6:30 now! Forget about trying to make plans at night now since I won't get home until almost 7 if that early. I've been told it's only temporary, so...we shall see. This is too good of a company to not put up with it for a little while. Plus, I found out yesterday that I have been named Rep Of The Month for May!! Yay me. I get a gift card to WalMart and a balloon I think. Which one do you think I am looking forward to more? ha ha

Found this at Walmart a while back:

Stealth Bumblebee
Stealth Bumblebee
How many remakes and repaints can they make of this guy? I've counted five so far and have four. Sometimes I think I'm getting too old to buy unopened things and whatnot. But, it soon passes.

I had a rose bush in my back yard and dug it up when I put up the new fence panels. Now it's in the front yard blooming something furious. It's always fascinating to me when you put work into something and it responds in kind. Seems like that's the only way we achieve anything in this world sometimes. I lived my life assuming someone would help me with life's challenges and someone usually did. My task is to turn that around with Zach and Emmy and teach them to count on themselves first with life's obstacles. It shall be done, oh yes...it shall be done, to quote Wayne Campbell ha ha.

Saw this and had to save it. Thanksgiving related I think:

No comments: