Friday, October 10, 2008

"After Dark In The Park!"

Yes, it was that time of year when the River Legacy Park had its' annual fundraiser of sorts and of course, we were there! The age bracket is 2-10 and with Emmy being 7 and Zach almost 3, it is a perfect time to get some fresh air, make some crafts and enjoy a treat or two. Here's some of what we did:

CIMG0220
Clown: "Hey, don't strike me down phantom!! Don't you know if you destroy a clown we will come back to haunt you?"
Phantom: "Aww, that's just an old wives' tale...right?"
Clown: "Beware the laughmakers...for they will inherit the Earth..."

CIMG0229
Me: "Okay Zach, is that the pumpkin you want?"
Zach: "Well...I don't know...the one over there seems a lighter shade of orange...but the one way back is a little darker..."
Me: "Wow...did not know you were so particular about pumpkins chief."
Zach: "I am my father's son ya know..."

CIMG0213
Zach: "Hey Dad, when I said I was hungry, it wasn't for this!"
Me: "Yeah, well, we made that to feed the birds but it can feed other animals as well..."
Zach: "So...what...are you saying I'm an animal?"
Me: "Well...have you ever seen you eat pudding?"
Zach: "Mmm...'nuff said."

CIMG0219
Nothing too funny about this one...just nice to have a picture of us without:

1) Me holding the camera
2) Zach not looking to the left/right/up/down/all around like a bobblehead

Emmy got some kind of butterfly house for her birthday and we finally got the caterpillars in the mail last week! The first couple of days they just kind of sat there, not doing much...maybe husbands evolved from caterpillars, who knows. But then, just like the directions predicted, they made their way to the top of the lid and began creating their little cocoons. Here's where they are so far:

Emmy's Caterpillars 10-15-08
Emmy's Caterpillars 10-15-08
Creepy as heck aint they! Reminds me of the aliens from Alien. And as anyone will tell you about me, I love that movie!! I told Emmy I would keep a photographic journal of their progress. So far, so good!

I (almost) stayed up to watch the Boston Red Sox overcome a 7-0 deficit and beat Tampa Bay 8-7. I was about to go to bed when I flipped to it right after JD Drew's 2-run bomb put them within one. Then another guy got on at 2nd and Coco Crisp came up. And man...ten pitch at-bat resulted with an RBI single. I really admire people who don't let their surroundings dictate how they live their life. People with no arms, no legs, you name it. They always seem to find another way to do things and as a result inspire others around them to not settle for simply the way things are and make new roads that lead to different challenges.

No comments: