Thursday, November 20, 2008

"Kind Of A Slow Week..."

Very rarely does THAT happen! But this week has been rather uneventful. Cari and Emmy are getting ready for the Girl Scouts' annual camping trip! And boy do I wish them luck. From what I hear it is quite cold outside right now, but fortunately they have cabins to sleep in. Zach and I are planning a couple of fun things as well.

I don't usually write poems but here is one I've been kicking around:

There was a gent.
His name was Brent*.
One day Brent decided to pitch a tent.
When asked why he chose to pitch a tent,
Brent explained that his money was spent.
Spent on the rent. Every last cent.
Living in a tent was a life well spent.
This idea you could say was heaven sent.

*The name "Brent" has been changed to protect the innocent.

You know...I wasn't planning on ending this with the word "innocent" but seeing as how it rhymes with the rest of the poem, I'm keeping it!

Our man Tony Romo is back from the bench and ready to lead us to Super Bowl victory!! Okay, that's a little presumptious I guess. But man, to get back to the big show and throw down with whoever the AFC has to offer would be great. I guess I'm on the Tony Romo bandwagon. I really enjoy watching him do his thing. In fact, I even bought this in hopes that he will sign it one day:

Tony Romo
Would you believe it is darn near impossible to find these things here in DALLAS?? Oh sure, we have a million Shaun Alexander ones around but just try to find a Cowboy in the mix. How would you describe Tony's demeanor in this picture? What's that? Can't quite see his face? Here's a close-up:

Tony Romo
My guess would be "Suav-ee..."

They finally started playing Christmas music on 103.7 Lite FM!! Now my holiday season can begin! We even found a couple of presents already. Not that all I care about is getting presents. I do enjoy finding a present that people are not expecting when I get that chance. And now the highs are in the low 60's and the lows are in the 30's. Get your hot chocolate ready.

On a final note, if you're wondering what that poem was all about, it has to do with someone who used to be one of my closest friends and is now a shadow of his former self. I blamed myself for a long time about us growing apart and did everything I could to be a better friend to him. I would call him on his birthday and any other chance I got and not once did he ever answer, so I would leave messages. Cari actually got me past all of that by helping me understand that this was his problem and not mine. Ever since then my self-esteem has finally risen to where it needs to be. I love my life. Everyone should.

No comments: