Monday, November 03, 2008

"They Say It's Your Birthday!!..."

Well, it's my birthday too yeah! Well, not mine...but Zachary has turned three!! And man, not a moment too soon. The terrible twos were about to do me in! We had a great time at the carousel at the Parks Mall, although I forgot to jump on a horse and ride around! Ah well. The horse is probably thanking me for sparing him his backbone ha ha. And, since Halloween falls on the same day, I threw in some Halloween pictures as well! So here they are:

Zach's 3rd Birthday!
Waitresses: "Gotta dance like a chicken, gotta dance like a chicken, bawk bawk bawk bawk!"
Zach: "Help me...someone help me...I'll pay you! I got a check for $30 for my birthday! I'll sign it over!"
Me: "Aw, come on chief...only fifteen more years until we're legally able to kick you out of the house. Then you'll miss these days."
Zach: "I highly doubt that."

Halloween 2008
Emmy: "Hey Dad, how come we didn't get something like this for our front yard?"
Me: "Um, because we're not sick, demented people? Hello??"
Zach: "I highly doubt that."

Zach's 3rd Birthday!
Me: "Boy guys, those chiropractic visits sure are paying off! I've never seen you stand so straight."
Keri: "Can't...feel...spine..."
Dad: "Can't...sit...down..."
Me: "Troopers...all of you."

Dad's birthday was 10-7. Finally gave him his present! He liked it I guess. Here's a picture of him with the card I got him:

Zach's 3rd Birthday!
Dad: "Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic, and so am I."
Me: "Ah heh heh..."
Dad: "Did you steal that line from What About Bob?"
Me: "Um...yeah...I'm ashamed."

Zach's 3rd Birthday!
Greg: "I think we're lost mates."
Anthony: "No no Greg...we're here for Zach's birthday party!"
Jeff: "He looks like he's going to eat us!"
Murray: "Sounds like I'm going to need my guitar for this, guys!"

Zach's 3rd Birthday!
Me: "Okay Zach, blow out the candles and make a wish!"
(Zach blows out candles)
Me: "So did your wish come true?"
Zach: "Well, no...you're still here Dad! Ha ha ha ha!!"
Me: "Oh man is that an old joke...ugh."

Zach's 3rd Birthday!
Mom: "Hey everyone, wanna see my Maxwell Smart impression? Missed it by...THAT much!"
Dad: "Um, yeah, that's great..."

Last Thursday we had our bonus party and as it turns out, I won the pie-eating contest! I had chosen a no sugar added peach pie for two reasons really. One, too much sugar will clog you up and you'll shut yourself down before you ever really get started. Two, I needed a fruit pie (cream pies are too hard to eat fast) and peaches are among the lesser-sweet fruits out there. I went into this blind, gluttonous free-for-all and somehow managed to keep it all down without getting my trash-bag smock dirty! Was one great time. I won $30 too! Then...while my body was handling a pound of peach pie, they had this bucket of spaghetti and jell-o and they put different coloured balls and what colour you drew decided what prize you won. There was $5, $10, a day off with pay, an hour off with pay...and the big one...one blue ball worth $20. Can ya believe I drew that one too? Quite a productive little afternoon.

Going to Six Flags on Saturday! Company is paying for all of it, plus they're closing the park down just for us, which hopefully means no long lines for anything. Not like I ride much anyway. Just the log ride, really. I always enjoy the log ride. It's like being in the forest but not really. Because animals live in the forest. Ones that might eat you if you give them a chance.

No comments: