Thursday, February 19, 2009

"Man Vs Food!"

This is insane!



A twelve pound burger? Last time I checked, no one could...or should...ingest twelve pounds of meat AT ONE TIME. But it sure is fun to watch them try! When I heard that there was going to be a show on Travel Channel where this guy goes from town to town attempting local eating challenges, well, I knew this was the show for me. His name is Adam Richman, and I never heard of him before this show surfaced. So far, I've seen him eat a 72-oz. steak in Amarillo, Texas successfully which, I'm kind of glad I got to see how hard it is to do that! I always bragged how I could eat it no problem, but when I saw them drunk on meat, bursting to the point of spontaneous combustion, I now have to re-think doing that. Maybe a 20 oz. steak would be enough?

Going to Aunt Becky's birthday party Saturday night! Some place called Bavarian Grill for a German dinner! Now this I didn't know...Bavaria and Germany are closely connected gastronomically speaking. Schnitzel, oven-roasted chicken, and some sort of pork beef thing. Gonna get my eat on then! Of course I have to go to work on a STAURDAY for FOUR HOURS to learn how to do another department's job. It's bad enough my department is understaffed, but now we have to help another department answer their questions. Plus, I have to be there for nine hours a day, but if everything isn't perfect, then we don't get an hour for lunch, we only get thirty minutes. Since you can't do anything in such a short time, I usually work through lunch. Hey, $22.37 isn't bad for overtime, but it would be nice to have that option. Maybe one day. We have our bonus party tomorrow (which should have been last month, but better late then never eh?). Too bad we don't get another check ha ha.

Adam seems to have found his calling in life right? All of us should be so lucky. I'm pretty sure my calling in life isn't explaining to people why we paid zippo on their $7,000 emergency room bill. I have all kinds of ideas for movies and TV shows in my head constantly. Would love to see them produced in my vision. Of course, I have to actually write them down first...I wonder if they will go to the grave with me...spooky!

No comments: