Friday, May 29, 2009

"Can't Touch This!"

Well, if you ask nicely, I bet you could.

Huh?

My new iPod Touch!
Talking about my newest acquisition, the iPod Touch!! 16GB of music, movies, pics and throw in a full Web Browser to boot (as long as it is in a Wi-Fi environment) and you have a pocket-sized entertainment center. We had a raffle at work and for a mere $2 I bought a total of ONE ticket which proved to just be enough to win! Cari has already given me the opportunity to trade MP3 players with her so she can have mine and I can have hers. Hmm, should I take her up on it? Something tells me she won't let up until I do. I must be strong, I keep telling myself.

Had a pretty nice Memorial Day!! I took Emmy to Campbell this year as usual, but this year, I made the decision to invite Zach along as well. I had been a little worried he would be out of control (even more so then usual) but to my surprise he was very well-behaved. Now I know he can come along every year. It was raining so we had to have the service in the high school cafeteria down the road. And yes, there was Wi-Fi in the school so me and my cousin Drew surfed while the people spoke. No matter what I get he always manages to have it first. I need to learn his secret.

The Friday before, we had a cook-out at work which was a lot of fun. Since I'm a member of the Spirit Team here, i was involved with all of the planning which was a lot! Never knew how much we needed to put one of these things on. We even had drawings for prizes. I didn't win any of them, but I guess when you win something a little nicer, it's okay. Here's a pic:

Memorial Day Cookout 2009
I have no idea what they were doing. "Spirit fingers", they say. "Flipping off Mike", I say.

Things have been going pretty good, I must say. In the past, it seemed like once I got one monkey off my back (i.e. taking care of a speeding ticket, getting a job, etc...), another would take its place soon after. SIGH!! Too back it took 30+ years to realize what a lot of people already figured out: it's all up to me. I decide my course and path and no one else. Sure, there will always be obstacles but it is nothing I can't handle. I try not to worry about things too much. Cari thinks I should lol. Who knows. But I like being in a position of being at the helm of this boat called life and not in the coal room shoveling coal.

No comments: