Friday, May 22, 2009

"M-M-M-Mad Movies!!"

What movies?

Well, I'm glad you asked.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away (Toronto, Canada in the 1980's), our family discovered a hidden treasure in the form of a comedy troupe known as the L.A. Connection. What they did was take old B and C-movies from years and years ago and remove all of the dialogue and add their own to create an entirely new movie. Here's "Sherlock Holmes Pt One":



Isn't that insane? I didn't find out until later that they would do it all in an improvisational style so none of it was rehearsed. I would think it would be hard enough to do without going over it first. Here's part two:



I found a website that sells all of these for like hundreds of dollars. Mmm, think I'll go to YouTube and watch them for free thank you very much. I remember getting together on Saturday nights at my uncle's house and getting pizza from "Pizza Pizza". Yes, that was their name. They were the predecessor to Little Caesar's I think. Anyways, we'd all watch these ridiculous movie clips and just laugh a lot. It's a shame that we never truly understand how great it is to be a kid until we're adults. There's certain parts of my life I wouldn't mind going through again, just to reminisce about things I've forgotten that will never be remembered again. But, I can't. But it's cool. Memories happen every day. It just takes a little effort to know when.

No comments: