Friday, June 26, 2009

"One Great (Father's) Day!!"

Sunday will certainly go down as one of my favourite days of all time. Besides it being Father's Day, we also got to see Disney Pixar's "Up"! Was really good. I kept trying to guess who the voice of the old man was the entire movie. I kept wanting to say Paul Newman, but I soon realized it would be very hard for him to do the voice, what with having passed on and all. Never would have guessed Ed Asner.

But before we saw the movie, there was: a present! Now this I did not see coming as I was told that the "Shark" we had bought earlier would be sufficient as my present. Hey, I had asked for it weeks ago, so when I got it I was okay with making that my present. But here is what Cari and the kiddos had made for me:

Father's Day 2009
Isn't that cool! There were some granola bars taped to pick-up sticks and a $25 iTunes gift card! I keep telling myself to get music free like everyone else, but I feel better inside paying for it through Apple.

Father's Day 2009
Here is a picture I will have printed a few times. Everyone smiling at the same time! It's a rarity in this house.

I hadn't realized how much my face had slimmed down since I started working out until I saw myself in this picture. The only problem is, now the scar on my forehead is a little more pronounced. How did I get it, you ask? Well, let's travel back to ancient history (1985). I was playing little league baseball and we were shagging fly balls before the game. One coach hit one right at me and as I was about to catch it the sun came out from behind a cloud and *WHAM* smacked me in the forehead. We had to wait like a day before the doctor could stitch it up and after that was done, there was some scar tissue that was left inside (gotta love 1985 medical technology). So now I have this bump that will be with me until I have some cosmetic surgery to remove it I guess. Ah well. It's our imperfections that make us who we are right?

No comments: