Friday, July 10, 2009

"One Great Movie!"

What movie am I talking about? Oh geez, I don't know, maybe Revenge Of The Fallen! I actually saw it June 25 with Navid but a lot has come up recently but since a lot isn't going on this week, I figured now would be the time to sit back and, like the man who wore a suit of mirrors, reflect on what will be one of the biggest movies of this millenium. Bad joke, I know. What was so sool about this one was that there was so much going on I left the theater feeling like I had missed about half of it. Will need to see it again.

***SPOILER ALERT***

What did I like most about it?

Man, just so much action and it was great to see Optimus Prime finally get ANGRY at the Decepticons and just bludgeon them literally to death. Until Megatron knifed him from behind, that is. What a cowardly thing to do.

What did I like least about it?

Well, to be honest, I'm not sure. When Prime put on Jetfire's discarded body parts to he could fly up to the top of the pyramid and stop Devestator that seemed kind of silly. But otherwise, it was 150 minutes of hold-you-down-and-punch-you-in-the-face action.

Emmy has been going to her Girl Scout camp this week. It always surprises me how mature she is. She always makes sure she has her swim stuff and lunch and water bottle, etc. Even though I usually get it together for her, she still double-checks in the morning. She had been asking me to write her a letter and put it in her "mailbox" she has in her room. She took a Kleenex box and decorated it and everything. Always something new with her. So finally, I finished it today since we weren't too busy. I will surprise her with it tonight. For tonight we are going to get some dinner and take it to the park and have a nice little evening together. Cari is going out for a night just her and her friend, which is usually much-needed since 2 kids (3 if you count me ha ha) can be a lot to deal with. Zach meanwhile has been attending his first church summer camp this week and he seems to really enjoy it, even if he won't admit to it. I ask him what he did and he always answers "We learned about God"...why do kids think that answer will satisfy even the most liberal of parents? Ah well. Cari's mom has been very nice by taking him to camp then taking him to his babysitter's house. She really does a lot for us. Sometimes it is hard to show appreciation when you don't know how. Maybe we do and don't know it. I guess the moral is to appreciate everything you have and don't pine for things you know are out of reach. Life is too short.

No comments: