Friday, July 31, 2009

"We're Home!"

Yes, after being gone a week in sunny Alberquerque, we have finally made it back to our home sweet home! I think I took like 280 pictures but they were all really great ha ha. Here are a few of the great great ones:

Alberquerque Zoo:

Alberquerque July 2009
Parrot: "Bwak! Don't come any closer or I'll cut this fence and then cut you next!"
Me: "Wow, a talking parrot! If you come with me we'll make a fortune."
Parrot: "I'll cut you in for 20%."
Me: "It's a deal!"

Alberquerque July 2009
Eagle: "Hey bub, did you know that I'm one of the only bald eagles on Earth left?"
Me: "Oh yeah? I wonder why people hunt you so much..."
Eagle: "Well, it's because when you cook me in just the right blend of eleven herbs and spices, I'M DELICIOUS!"
Me: "Um...yes...delicious..." (drooling)
Eagle: "Now wait a minute chief...you have that look in your eyes again...and YES, people will notice I'm gone!"

Alberquerque July 2009
Now that's just a great shot, I don't care who you are.

Hiking...somewhere...

Alberquerque July 2009
Emmy: "Hey Dad, what is this little pond called?"
Me: "Let's see...this is the 'Canine Urination Chamber'..."
Zach: "You mean...dogs pee in where we're sitting?"
Me: "Isn't nature great?"

Alberquerque July 2009
Emmy: "Um..Dad...what's 12 feet long and slithers?"
Me: "Why that's an easy one...it's an Anaconda! Why do you ask?"
Emmy: "Because I think I felt one slither past me! Help me!!"
Me: "OH MY GOSH!! Everyone run and save yourselves! Emmy's a goner!"
Emmy: "Your devotion to your family is to be commended..."

Alberquerque July 2009
Now that's just a great shot, I don't care who you are.

At Olde Towne:

Albequerque July 2009
This one cracked me up! I really should have bought a bottle to bring home to my sister, but...I guess I was too pooped...listless...rundown...however the rest of that Lucy commercial goes ha ha

Albequerque July 2009
Nothing is cuter then my kids...asleep...next to an oversized bear...or asleep anywhere. It sure is hard to make noise when you're asleep!

Cattleman's Ranch & Steakhouse

Alberquerque July 2009
This is a map of what the ranch used to look like.

Alberquerque July 2009
This was a boat that the owner made from scratch!

Alberquerque July 2009
There were turkeys...

Alberquerque July 2009
Sheep...

Alberquerque July 2009
And even a lizard.

So that in a nutshell was our trip. As much as we planned for it, I can't believe how quickly it went by. But a week off is always needed when you work in the fast-paced world of health insurance eh?

No comments: