Tuesday, August 11, 2009

"What Were You Doing...?"

Five years ago?

Ten years ago?

I got to thinking about this a while back. Can our lives really change that much over the course of five years? I don't know about the rest of you, but for me it seems like my life has completely revamped itself. Maybe that's a good hting, maybe it's not, who knows for sure. But one thing I do know is that a lot of what we do in life simply does not matter in the long run. What we wear, what we do...it will all be forgotten at some point. Just the way things are. But anyways, let's see how much I can recall about these half-decade points in my life:

Five years ago (8-14-2004):

I had just completed two months at McGraw-Hill and thought this was just the best job in the world. They would pay me to sit in a comfy chair and answer calls from schools who wanted to order books and check on orders. Didn't pay very much but I had just come from the worst job ever which was security at the Parks Mall. It's a real shame when you realize you're a million times smarter then the people who are supposedly "in charge".

Ten years ago (8-14-1999):

I was working at the Pizza Hut store in Grand Prairie. Although I was making pretty good money, I knew I didn't want to do it forever. My plan was to make enough money to pay everyone off and move up to Maryland where some friends of mine were. I never felt like I had many here that I wasn't related to. I almost achieved doing this too but I left that store to go to a worse one, and the rest is history.

Fifteen years ago (8-14-1994):

I had just been fired from a job I really enjoyed. Looking back, it wasn't that great of a job. Putting together movie and music orders for Sam's and Walmart 10 hours a night for $7 an hour. But I enjoyed it. So after all that I discovered: unemployment checks! Who knew anything could be so great? But everything has a price.

Twenty years ago (8-14-1989):

I was starting 9th grade in Toronto, Canada (or "Grade 9" as they call it). I think this was one of the better years of my life. L'Amoreaux School or whatever it was called only had 4 classes a day plus I got to go home for lunch. It was really cool when Grandma and Papaw would visit and bring their Nintendo ha ha. Who knew how much fun Paperboy could be?

Twenty-five years ago (8-14-1984):

Just starting 4th grade. Um...not a whole lot happened that I can recall. I remember taking a history test that, for some reason, I thought it was okay to pull out the book and find the answers. F!

I'd go back farther, but I don't remeber a whole heck of a lot when I was 4 lol.

No comments: