Friday, August 07, 2009

"One Cool Week!"

What made this week so great?

Well...

I'm driving to work Monday and I have just enough time to pull into my Employee Of The Month parking space when the North Richland Hills police dept pulls me over! Well, he stopped me because my left tail light was out, which you never know it until someone actually tells you, right? Well, then he sees my expired inpection (which I was going to have done but now I guess I can't until this tail light is fixed. Ah well.) then asks for my insurance (which is active but the card said 'Good thru 5-19-09'). Aye carumba! And, despite all of that, he lets me go with a warning! That SOOO never happens to me. Someone was looking out for me that day.

THEN...Cari's parents announce they want to take Zach and Emmy on a weeklong trip! Now, don't get me wrong, I love my kids as much as any one does, but a week apart is especially sweet because I'm the one who gets them ready each and every morning. From 6:30am to 7:45am it's one big goose chase to get everything together. So it was not too bad to have that kind of time in the morning to relax, make CDs, watch Dark Knight again, etc.

THEN...I'm at Best Buy during my lunch break Thursday and they have a DVD burner for the PC like half price due to a little tear in the box. Now this is really cool because my computer is a little...ancient...and finding a DVD burner compatible has been a month-long strain-and-search. But they had one, and I got it, and it works. I finished my first DVD sometime around 1:17am. I was asleep, but that is the time it says on the disc. I am catching up to, oh, around 2005 I think?

Here's a few pix from New Mexico that were kind of cute:

Alberquerque July 2009
Alberquerque July 2009
Alberquerque July 2009
Alberquerque July 2009
I have like 300 of them, so...you may see them pop up fom time to time.

We went to Atlanta Bread Company for dinner last night. Was really good. A great way to end a great week. We don't get them too often so when we do, we really need to appreciate them.

No comments: