Friday, August 28, 2009

"Too Cool For School?"

Not Emmy!

She started back this week and was actually looking forward to it. How do I know? Because on the first day of school she woke up at 6am, that's how I know! Cari had to actually tell her to go lay back down, but Emmy was already in auto-drive. I wanted to take some pictures of her first day, but unfortunately our camera has gone a-missin'! Driving me crazy where it could be. We've looked everywhere. Hopefully it will turn up. But what is good about this year is that she actually has some friends in her class this year. She has had the worst luck the last few years of getting more of her friends in her class. And, to make it better, most of her friends are at her table! There are like 10 desks all pushed together to form this group and she gets to hang out with them a little more. But not too much more. She still has a job to do yes?

Zach has really started to grow up a little lately. He still likes to come in our room about four or five times and try to sleep with us. I know I'll miss it like crazy one day, but when I'm ready to go to bed, I do not want any interruptions. None. Nada. Zip zilch zap. However, he has started to get himself dressed by himself in the morning which helps me out a ton. He even made oatmeal one morning (with Emmy's help)! Shocked the heck out of me. Even made chocolate milk by himself! I still make sure he knows who's in charge, but it sure is cool to see your kids mature and know deep down they will be really great adults one day.

Our computer has really taken a turn for the worst. Somehow, something has attached itself to it and really screws around with our Internet connection. It will connect for a while, then just forgets how to until you re-boot. What kind of crazy %$#@ is that!? Pardon my language, but now we have no choice but to do a re-install of XP which I'm all for but Cari wants to wait and see if this Norton program we bought will fix it. So far, I haven't noticed anything has changed. Nothing would please me more then to go get a new system with the dual-core quad processors or whatever it's called and catch up with the rest of the world. Or at least the zip code. Maybe one day. Expenses seem to be mounting every day! The last thing you want to do is add more expenses if you don't have to. And I don't. I really don’t. As Al Bundy said when forced to choose between going to the nudie bar or staying home to eat a chocolate cake that Peg made:



"Decisions, decisions…well, I guess that's what comes from being an adult."

You said it Al.

No comments: