Wednesday, September 09, 2009

"Here Comes The Sun..."

By sun, I mean that Beatles: Rockband is about to make its presence very known across the universe when it is released on 9-9-09. If your girlfriend gives this to you as a present, take it on good faith the she loves you. I remember my first girlfriend. I saw her standing there and knew she was the one for me. If I ever get back in the U.S.S.R. I will look her up. I gave her all my loving and I love her still. Tomorrow never knows what the future will bring and a day in the life is just the beginning.



I met with Doctor Robert (after making an appointment with his secretary Michelle) and he said it won't be long until my baby's in black if I didn't take better care of myself. "I'll follow the sun if it gets to that" I said. I left the doctor's office thinking I'm a loser; but it won't be long until I'm better then the night before yesterday. "You're going to lose that girl" I kept telling myself. I knew I needed help. I decided to drive my car to see a special girl. If I needed someone it was her.



What goes on from here in my life I would wish for no one. I want to tell you so bad…and yet…you won't see me if I do. Your mother should know that all you need is love. I went to visit the fool on the hill via the long and winding road. Once I was on the hill I could see strawberry fields forever. It reminded me of Penny Lane when I was a child. The fool said good morning good morning how can I help you? I mentioned this girl who meant so much to me and what the future holds for us. She said things would be getting better and if she's leaving home then it was her loss.



Well, I felt like this long long day would be turning into a good night. I arrived home and found her there. "I want us to come together on some things" she said. She said "You never give me your money, so give me money; that's what I want." I said "Because…?" She said "Because Her Majesty insists! You always get to carry that weight and now it's my turn." She is something, isn't she? I knew then what she really wanted from me. So I let it be. But I've got a feeling I haven't seen the last of her.



Okay, if you haven't figured out yet, the preceding story is a lot of nonsense. However, there are a total of-count 'em-39 Beatles songs listed in this little spiel. Can you find them all? Be sure to look everywhere (including the title of this post!). I am reading about the release of Beatles: Rockband right now and it is truly mind-blowing. Now I'm not a big fan of the Rockband games. I tried to play a Metallica song at Best Buy one day and even though it was set on easy, I stunk! Plus, my hands and wrists were throbbing so much! I was like "Gee Wally, what's the point of all that?"

Emmy has actually really gotten into the drums part of the game. She begged me to download Eye Of The Tiger on my iPod Touch, and when she asks me for something (which surprisingly isn't that often), I try to be at my most accommodating. So I did. Now when we go somewhere, that's all I hear ha ha. But I don't mind. She is starting to learn that being in 3rd grade means a lot more responsibility. They make them carry these huge binders that separate all their work from the day plus a section for homework. Plus, they have different teachers for a few things. We've kept her up until like 9:30 or 10pm at night finishing things that should have gotten finished at her friend Amanda's house but didn't because they have something in the backyard that is the end-all-be-all of human existence: a trampoline! Hopefully she will condition herself to do these things first and play later. Can you imagine any kid wanting to play first instead of doing all their homework? It's unheard of. My sister and I always did our homework at 5pm. And why did we do it at that exact time? Because The Brady Bunch came on at 4:30 and our mom, nice as she could be, let us watch it first. Good quality values every day at 4:30.

I have been a huge Beatles fan ever since I was 9. My mom had the blue set and red set of cassette tapes (anyone remember those?) which were the Best of 1966-1970 and 1962-1966 respectively) sets that the Beatles released. To this day it is still hard to believe that only four people (plus George Martin-yes he deserves props) came up with that many songs and with only a couple of exceptions, they all have their own distinct sound and feel. There are two connections that me (or my family) have to them as well. On December 9, 1972 (the day my parents got married) Paul McCartney went on Good Morning America and announced that the Beatles would never perform together again. Ha! See how well that turned out with the Anthology series that came out in 1995? The 2nd is I was born on December 8, 1974, and six years later to the day, John Lennon died. That…didn't work out so well. The world really lost a little that day. So far I have the 4-disc Capitol Records set that came out, the Anthology hardback book (it's huge!), and 300+ tracks in MP3 format that I ripped off the discs that I owned at one point but sold. I used to be sad about that until I found out theu are re-issuing each album in a box format which I will acquire, believe you me. Love me some Beatles!

No comments: