Friday, September 25, 2009

"It's Alive!!!"

Yes, our beloved computer, antiqueness notwithstanding, has been resuscitated back from the dead. With some help from Navid AKA our tech support at reasonable prices, we were able to re-install XP! I think we're both agreed that a new computer is in our short-term plans, we need this one to function for at least 3-6 months. I have a Spy-sweeper and Norton on full-blast to prevent whatever got a hold of it last time from happening again. Why do people think creating viruses is fun? Nitwits.

Went to the Ranger game Friday night! We took Mom there for her birthday and what a great game to go to. We hit two home runs, actually pitched well enough to win it, then got to see fireworks afterwards! We stopped by one of our favourite burger joints, Bentley's, beforehand, and since they're a "bar" then they let people smoke. Ugh! I swear I still smell it everywhere. But they make a good burger. Here are a few pics:

Rangers / Rays 9-25-09

Rangers mascot: "Hey kids, wanna see me jump off the railing and land on the third baseman?"

Me: "Um...won't that kill him?"

Rangers mascot: "Your point being?"

Zach: "Eh, he needs to be traded anyway..."

Rangers / Rays 9-25-09
Fireworks!! Love em love em!! Kids like the almost as much as me ha ha.

It is finally cooling down around our fair city, and not a moment too soon! Six months of constant heat and humidity tend to take it out of you. I love this time of year. Let's get it chilly, less humid, the smell of fireplaces in the air, and I am money. One of my most favourite memories growing up was walking around the neighborhood with the family and looking at the Christmas lights that were put up (with love, of course) and it was always just the right coolness outside. I try to pass these things on to my kids whenever I get the chance. Zach is in this zone lately where he wants me to play with him all the time and has become a little…mmm…I have to use the word "clingy" because he really isn't. Sometimes I'm beat and just not up for it. Then I start thinking, "Boy, I'll really regret not spending time with him when he's older and thinks I'm lame" ha ha. So I try to keep that in mind whenever they want me to take them to the park or to 7-11 for a Slurpee.

Gonna be 35 this year. My my how time does fly. I know the saying goes "You're only as old as you feel", but at some point in our lives we get too old to enjoy the things we do while we're younger. Driving, walking, even sleeping become more of a challenge. Now I'm okay with living till 85 or 90, but why do our motor skills and cognizance have to deteriorate to the point that we're nearly useless to everyone? I see old people walking around, esp. at Walmart, and it just looks like so much work to even get around. I tell myself to stay in some kind of shape so that when I get to be in my old age I won't be using a cane or walker or God forbid an oxygen tank. You ever see those things? I'm sure they weigh like 30 pounds and you have to have it with you ALL THE TIME. The last time I had trouble breathing was when I tried to use our vacuum cleaner (which doesn't work at all) and it was releasing dust in the back and I was just breathing it in and breathing it in. I had to go to the doctor and get an inhaler! Now I only use our Shark vacuum which is lighter and seems to get up more dirt. The point is, I have to really pay attention to how I function and my health now because if I put it off until I'm 50 or 60 it could be too late to really do anything about it.

I told Grandpa that I predicted he would live to 100. He responded "Oh boy, I hope I don't live that long." After seeing him in the hospital, I see what he meant by that.

No comments: