Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"100 Memores?"

Can it be done? I've always wondered if I had 100 memories I could recall that fast. I also wonder if anything incriminating could be revealed as a result. I'm trying not to re-visit previous times that have appeared on here. So here we go for 100-96:

100. When we lived in Canada we were at some bluff. Dad and I were kicking the soccer ball when it went over the railing and down almost to the waterline. I climbed down the entire bluff and retrieved the soccer ball. Of course, four minutes later it got kicked over there again...sigh

99. Dad and I rode our bikes down to some store when I was about 8. On the way back, I found $5 on the sidewalk. Best day ever.

98. In 2007 at Pharmacare we had an ice cream sundae day and afterwards there was all this ice cream left over. Well, I took some home. The next day the lady in HR was hopping mad that someone took it. She never found out who it was.

97. In 9th grade I was going to my locker at the end of the day and found $30 right next to it on the floor. Again, best day ever.

96. In 1999 I went to Maryland for a vacation for my birthday. They have this pier with all kinds of stores and on my first day there me and and the friend I went to see hung out. Weather was so nice.

All I can muster for right now.

Lately I've come to the conclusion that worrying about anything is just a complete waste of time. There are so many things we just can't control fully and for each one of those there is something else that is so insignificant that it merely gets forgotten...swept away with time. Unfortunately, Cari is exactly the opposite. Sometimes Emmy will go to school in clothes that may or may not match. Better believe I hear about it. My thought is, who is going to care a month from now? No one. I say, let Emmy choose the clothes she wants to wear, and if it looks a little silly, so what? We put so much emphasis on accomplshments and careers but we seems to forget that nothing on this Earth is permanent. We're born, we live, we die. In fact, Dear Abby had a letter from a woman who called herself "49 and Counting" who didn't want anyone to celebrate her turning 50. No one can avoid it, so why not celebrate it? Anyone who has grown kids will tell you that time goes by in an instant. My kids are only 8 and 4, but I know that time is coming when they will be on their own, so I try to create memories for them that they can re-live with their kids someday. I guarantee you, people who have died no longer worry about any problems they had while they were alive. Only when we reach the Kingdom of God do we really become "alive".

Emmy @ Botanical Gardens
Emmy @ Botanical Gardens

No comments: