Thursday, March 11, 2010

"Snow Part TWO!"

Yes, I had posted some pix earlier on the first day of snow but the next day it snowed even more! We had about a foot and a half of snow dumped on us and it made for some cool pix:

Snow Part II 2-12-10
Ever try to take a picture of snow when it keeps falling off the branches?

Snow Part II 2-12-10
A great close-up of just how much snow had settled on the branches.

Snow Part II 2-12-10
Zach kind of looks like the alien from Alien here. In the background you can see the big truck that got stuck in the snow around 8:30am. Cari had to convince me that my Sentra wouldn't make it out of the driveway if this truck was stuck. As Homer would say, "Woo hoo! Four day weekend!" And that is exactly what we got.

Snow Part II 2-12-10
Crepe Myrtle trees sure look different in winter. I wish I had had some kind of coloured liquid to make things a little more colourful.

We'll probably never get snow like this again. Ever. Snow in Texas is about as rare as...well...SNOW IN TEXAS. But we had a fantastic time. Had to keep changing clothes and my skin is still regaining its' moisture, but it was like a winter vacation that a lot of people don't seem to get.

Lately I've been into clothes-shopping. Not very guyish, I know, but I needed some things and wanted some other things. Went to Target about 2 months ago and bought nine pairs of socks, two belts, two pairs of dress shoes, and a polo-style shirt. Got it on clearance and saved a bundle. But I wasn't done there. I went back about a week later and found some cool t-shirts at Target as well as WalMart and picked those up too. Once I get some pix of it all I will showcase them. One of themn was the aforementioned Scooby Doo shirt, but I also found a green shirt with the "Go To Jail" swuare on it from Monopoly. Simplistic yet it lets people know who's in charge. And yes, I do have that kind of power to send people to jail purely on a whim. Just don't tell anyone, or else they'll get jealous. There's my green t-shirt which says 1978 Tennis Singles Championship. Looks pretty cool. Off to bed now. Got soccer games galore tomorrow!

No comments: