Friday, March 19, 2010

"Soccer Time...Is Here..."

Yes, the marathon of soccer games has begun and Cari, believe it or not, is coaching both Zach AND Emmy! I hope she knows what she's doing. She usually does! Here are a few pix:

Zach's Soccer Game 3-6-10
Zach: "Hey Dad, does this shirt make me look bigger?"
Me: "Actually, it's you that makes the shirt look bigger. Do you plan on ever growing taller then 3 feet tall?"
Zach: "Ehh...we'll see. Those cigarettes you gave me last week should help me grow."

Emily's Soccer Game 3-6-10
Emmy: "Hey Dad, want to see me dance the mamushka?"
Me: "While you're playing soccer?"
Emmy: "Well, you always said multi-tasking is the key to success."
Me: "No, I said making friends with the right people, no matter how vile they are, was the key to success."
Me: "My bad."

Emmy has a Girl scout camping trip this weekend! Two whole days of women, swimming, boating, famous people...no, wait, that was Weekend At Bernie's. Gaw I love that movie. Anyways...she's really looking forward to it. We spent three nights packing her stuff. I can't believe how extensive that list is of hers. Cari deserves most of the credit though. She seems to grasp what needs to be done a lot better then I do. I just show up and (usually) do what is needed. Some people are leaders, some are followers. Sometimes I wonder which one I am. I wanted to be a supervisor here at work until they laid off 70% of them. I could lead people here. I think Attila The Hun said the same thing at some point in his life. Did you know he had a watchtower built, then gouged the eyes out of the architect so his vision would never be re-created. I don't think I have it in me to be like that.

No comments: