Friday, March 05, 2010

"Turning Japanese!"

Well, not really.

But we did enjoy a nice day of walking around at ye olde Japanese Gardens in lovely Fort Worth on Sunday. Emmy seems to be getting a bit old to enjoy Mother Nature for what it is...which is just there. Not doing anything...just there. Young Zachary had a great time though. Here are a few pix:

Japanese Gardens 2-28-10
Zach: "Hey Dad, what do I win if I get across all these stones without falling in?"

Me: "Um...dry clothes and the privilege to actually sit in the car on the way home and not air-drying on the top of the car?"

Zach: "Yeah, that's a pretty good prize...game on!"

In all actuality, Zach walking these steps about gave me a heart attack. But I had faith in him.

Japanese Gardens 2-28-10
This shot I kind of like. I can really tell I've slimmed down some. In case you can't see my shirt, it's the Scooby Doo gang and it says, "What Happens In The Van Stays In The Van". Clever eh?

Japanese Gardens 2-28-10
Zach: "Hey Dad, why is Emmy pointing at me while we're standing in front of that sign?"
Me: "Um...no reason. Hey Emmy, you didn't feed Zach did you?"
Emmy: "Goodness no! Remember? You said 'If we feed him he'll become angry and start attacking us!' "
Zach: "Anyone got any cheese?"

Had a funny thing happen at work this week. I found someone's wallet in the parking lot right next to my car! I couldn't find a phone number, so I held onto it until today. Fortunately, she had an e-mail address in our system's Microsoft Outlook, so I e-mailed her. Guess what I got? An out-of-office reply! Turns out she's out of town until Tuesday. Fortunately, she left her cell # on that reply so I left her a message. She finally called me tonight around 6:15 thanking me for letting her know I had it and for not not telling her. She said she would pick it up Monday or Tuesday next week.

We don't get the chance to be heroes very often, so when the time comes, don't be a jerk and hide from it. I'm a big believer in karma. What goes around, comes around, and I have enough on my mind without waiting for something huge to drop on me just because I was greedy. The last thing I need is a lay-off or a tree dropping on our house...or worse. To quote Office Space:

"DANG IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A GANGSTER"

In this case, a gangster would be a stand-up guy with, you know, morals and ethics and stuff.

No comments: