Friday, January 07, 2011

"Brrrrrrr!!!!!"

And by that, I mean on January 1st of 2011 Emmy went down to the YMCA outdoor pool to do the annual "Polar Bear Plunge". Channel 5 was even there reporting it! We never saw ourselves on TV but we were on their website. A few pix:

Polar Bear Plunge 1-1-11
Oh man it was like 30 degrees that morning! She sure doesn't look like she's having a good time...but she probably did.

Polar Bear Plunge 1-1-11
Here she is getting out FAST. So fast that she was the first one out but the last one in ha ha.

Polar Bear Plunge 1-1-11
Me: "So Emmy, what was it like to jump in freezing water like that?"
Emmy: "Well, if I were a guy I probably would be sterile!"
Me: "Um...well, let's just be glad it was you and not me!"

Moivng on...

Zach got a bathtub shaving set for Christmas! Here he is testing it out:

Zach Shaving 12-28-10
Zach Shaving 12-28-10
Zach Shaving 12-28-10
Zach Shaving 12-28-10
He hurt his eye on Christmas Eve bumping into Emmy while he was playing with something and she was playing Boppit Bounce! So despite what you heard, he was not in a boxing match.

Going to the zoo this weekend to get Emmy's Girl Scout cookies! Yes, it is that time of year where our free time is spent selling cookies to anyone and everyone. Hopefully we won't have any incidents like we had a couple of years ago. Zach, Emmy and I were walking around the neighborhood and we came to this older man's house. Well, Zach proceeds to take every box out of our wagon and put it on his porch. Then he asked the question he always asks after he eats a Thin Mint:

"You wanna smell my breath?"

Well, it didn't help that Emmy is cracking up laughing while I'm trying to get Zach to stop taking cookies out of the wagon. Meanwhile, the man is dumbfounded at what he happened to open his door to. Ahhh, good times...

So school started Monday, but not for Zach! I forgot to check his schedule and make plans for him, but eventually Cari came home and worked from home. Zach asked, "I wish I could come to work with you Daddy" and it about melted my heart. I told him, "Well, there wouldn't be any place for you to sit" and he says, "Well, i could just sit on your lap!" Gaw I love him so much.

Zach read his first book last night! It was a "Winnie The Pooh" and Friends ABCs. Of course, each word was accompanied by its own picture so it wasn't that tough, but I sure am proud of him for getting as far as he did at age five. So glad he gets his advanced reading from his big sister. We even recorded it on his Winnie The Pooh and Friends tape recorder he got for his birthday! Apparently we're forcing Winnie on him lately ha ha. He never fails to amaze me with what he says and does. I try to enjoy and remember these days as they appear to be fleeting as he grows up. One time Emmy and I were at Gameworks. She was about 6 and kept asking me to take her to game after game and just looked at me like I hung the moon. Can't believe she's going to be 10 next year, She still wants me to do fun things with her but she has so many more interests now and there's never enough time. Ever. Whenever you hear someone say that don't think they're exaggerating.

No comments: