Thursday, December 30, 2010

"Christmas Time Is..."

PAST!! But what a time it was! I think the reason most people say Christmas comes and goes so fast is because they narrow it down to a few days of the month. But I say nay-nay. I make the whole month of December Christmas time! That way it seems a lot longer! We had a few get-togethers before the big day:

My sister's house on Christmas Eve:

Christmas 2010 with Mom and Keri
Zach: "Hey, are there any other presents in this box?"
Me: "For the last time NO! Now would ya get out of there?"

Christmas 2010 with Mom and Keri
Mom: "What is this...a Texas Rangers shirt?"
Me: "Yes! Cuz they went to the World Series this year!"
Mom: "Silly rabbit...don't you know I'm a Mets fan?"
Me: "Um...why? On second thought...don't answer that."

Christmas 2010 with Mom and Keri
You have no idea how disappointed I was that wasn't real ice cream.

That night...

Christmas Eve 2010
Zach: "Hey Dad, do I look like a fountain?"
Me: "Um, sure...whatever you say..."

Christmas Eve 2010
Look at the muscles on this kid! Pretty soon she'll be fighting me with no remorse or pity...hmm...better learn some ju jitsu fast!

Christmas Eve 2010
hey look, some Harry Potter books and DVDs! Thanks to best niece ever Megan for those! She must have gotten my letters...and texts...and phone messages...

Then...Christmas Morning...

Christmas Morning 2010
Wow! Look at the bevy of gifts!! All of us must have been good...like really good.

Christmas Morning 2010
Emmy got her very own camera!! Now I can impart all of my photography wisdom upon her...that should take about a half hour ha ha.

Christmas Morning 2010
Zach got a Paper Jamz drum set!! He's gotten pretty good at playing "All-Star" by Smashmouth ha ha.

Christmas Morning 2010
Cari: "Wow, what a great thermos! Now I can carry coffee around and it will stay warm!"
Me: "Or it can keep cold drinks cold...you could have hot coffee AND cold lemonade at the same time!"
Cari: "Ugh..."

And one of my fave presents Cari and I both got:

Christmas 2010 with Mom and Keri
Don't we look adorable!! Well, I think we do!

THEN...for lunch at Grandmother Overall's...

Christmas Lunch with Grandma 2010
At the gift exchange, Zach won this handy-dandy blanket! Cuz we never have any of those around, right?

Christmas Lunch with Grandma 2010
And Emmy got a lovely watch set! Now she has three I think. If it's good enough for Tony Stark, it's good enough for her.

Christmas Lunch with Grandma 2010
This one was taken at Woody's insistence. He said so himself...or did he?

All in all I think we had a pretty good holiday season. We really made the most of our Six Flags passes too. We went down the snow hill, saw the shows, and drank enough hot chocolate to fill a bathtub. Don't measure, I have it all worked out in my head.

No comments: