Saturday, February 12, 2011

"Let It Snow!!"

Yes, after the ice storm that caused every school to be closed for a whole week, and get me out of 3 days of work, then we got some actual snow!! A few pix:

Snow Day 2-4-11
This picture I really like. It's almost as if the snow melted its way onto my car and froze at the same time!

Snow Day 2-4-11
Emmy: "Hey Dad, do you like my snow angel?"
Me: "Um, yeah, it's great. Just don't break my number one rule."
Emmy: "Which is...?"
Me: "Never get any dirt on you...ever."
Emmy: "Yeah I'll get right on that...(sigh)..."

Snow Day 2-4-11
Yes, the sky and the snow were the same colour! You can't even tell if we have a roof anymore!

Snow Day 2-5-11
Just some sinister-looking icicles!! And yes, the Christmas lights are still up. Coming down today though!

Saturday most of the snow melted and the sun came out! So, while Cari and Emmy were out selling cookies, Zach and I went to...the park!:

At The Park 2-5-11
This is his favourite thing to play on. He runs at the big wheel and tries to spin completely around and get back to the platform. He can usually do it but his shoes were a little wet from the snow.

At The Park 2-5-11
Me: "So how does that snow taste boy?"
Zach: "Oh this isn't snow. It's cotton candy!"
Me: "They sell that around here?"
Zach: "Yeah! They're next to the churro cart!"
Me: "Wow...this is some park!"

And, finally, Emmy and I had our annual Daddy/Daughter dance last night!:

Dad Daughter Dance 2-11-11
Me: "Emmy! Did you take my quesadilla??"
Emmy: "Hey, if it's on the floor it's fair game!"
Me: "Aww...ya got me on a technicality...(sigh)"

Dad Daughter Dance 2-11-11
I think my belt was a little too tight. My gut was a little more pronounced that I care for. But don't we look adorable!

Afterwards we went to Braum's for our traditional ice cream treat.

I think it's good for a parent to give a little more attention to their first born every now and then. When there's a younger sibling, especially one who needs a lot of attention, the older one feels a little left out sometimes. Even if they don't feel that way. Nipping things in the bud isn't a bad thing.

No comments: