Friday, February 25, 2011

"It's Raining Sunshine!!..."

Well, not really. I mean, if it rained sunshine, wouldn't we all just burn up or have really bad scars from it? Yes, I've given this a lot of thought. What I was referring to was Cari and Emmy went to the Miranda Cosgrove concert last Saturday night!! A few pix:

Miranda Cosgrove 2-18-11
Emmy: "Oh man we're gonna see Miranda Cosgrove!"
Cari: "Oops...this is actually the Daniel Cosgrove concert!"
Emmy: "Who?"
Cari: "Um...Matt from 'Beverly Hills 90210'??"
Emmy: "What? What is that?"
Cari: "Nevermind...we'll have to rent Seasons 9 and 10"

Miranda Cosgrove 2-18-11
Miranda: "So...anyone from out of town?"
Emily: "Yes! We're from Arlington!"
Miranda: "Um...isn't that just the next town over?"
Emily: "Hey it's a different town isn't it? So technically I'm from OUT OF TOWN...(sigh)..."
Miranda: "Um, I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

I know they had a great time. Glad to see some estrogen-based bonding happening.

So what did Zach and I do? Well...we drove down to the Japanese Gardens but they had closed, so we went to the Botanical Gardens. It was a little cloudy and dark, and I showed Zach where the hiking trail was. But I didn't call it that; I called it the "Super-Scary Forest". Well, he didn't want to go at first, but I assured him there was nothing to be afraid of. So we walked the trails, and he held my hand tightly, and in the end everyone was okay. THEN we went to McDonald's, got some dinner and brought it home. THEN we watched "America's Funniest Videos" and wrestled around for a while until he fell asleep around 9:30pm. All in all, it was nice to have a guys' night.

Have I mentioned how much work sucks lately? Apparently I've been brainwashed and don't think my lunch hour should be mine anymore. We've gotten to take an hour lunch 2 times in the last 3 weeks. I think it's time for a change...which is sad cuz I defended this place to others who hated it, only to become one of them. Then I look at my cousin Sarah who is having a heck of a time finding something she likes despite being college-educated. Remember when having a college degree was your ticket into anywhere you wanted to work? Yeah, I think those days are over...

No comments: