Friday, July 15, 2011

"Here, Fishy Fishy..."

Yes, the Overall household has welcomed its first pet! Emmy also got her first birthday present: a fish! A blue Betta to be exact. What name did Emmy give him? Why...Blue of course! Here's a few pix:

Emily's Fish Blue!
Emily's Fish Blue!
He sure likes the bottom of the bowl, doesn't he? Better at the bottom then floating at the top I always say. So far Emmy has done a great job keeping up with him, feeding him and making sure she sees to his every comfort. Now only if she would do the same for me ha ha.

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N!!! is right around the corner. Cari is off today but I still had to go to in. But I started the day off right. After dropping off Emmy at her Girl Scout camp, Zach and I stopped by the donut shop and had a guys' breakfast together. I love seeing him get so excited about the little things in life. He's just like his dad. Hopefully we will be able to do more of these things before they get too big and think I'm just not as wonderful as they used to.

So far we're planning a trip to Moody Gardens, then a stop at some boardwalk close by, then to Johnson Space Center, then a return trip through San Antonio. Then Friday night we're going to the Ranger game!! Playing the Blue Jays of all teams. This is the only home game they have all week and it happens to be on a Friday. Plus, we get fireworks after the game!! Rock it!

Man, the Rangers have been lighting it up recently. We've pitched back to back shutouts and have won eight games in a row! We're in first place but not by much. Our nemesis, the Angels, have been pretty consistent too so the lead is only like a game and a half. I think we're finally clicking though, so I pity any team that has to face us right now.

Last weekend we dressed up like cows to get free Chick Fil A! Since I never put any pictures of ME on here:

Dressing Up As A Cow
I guess black is slimming ha ha. I think that's a pretty good shot of me! I may Facebook it.

Uncle Dean turned me onto a site called BTJunkie which is a bit torrent site (hence the BT) and a lot of movies I couldn't convert to MP4 are on here. I guess some people invested in a decent program instead of the freeware I did. I really wanted the Transformers movie from 1986. I have the VHS tape but no one got me the DVD for Christmas. Zach wants to see it now that he got his first taste of the G1 cartoon from 1984. Someone did a marathon on July 4th so I taped them. Well Zach really got into it. Here's a clip from the movie:


I did a whole post back in 2007 on this movie but I felt it deserved a special mention. Zach and Emmy are always asking me why I like Transformers so much. Hey, there's something to be said for things that you really enjoyed as a kid. Hoping Zach will cultivate the obsession as he gets older. So far he's into something called Bakugan. Don't really understand it. Don't want to understand it. All I know is I step on them all the time.

No comments: