Friday, July 29, 2011

"They Say It's Your Birthday!!"

OMG, can Emily be TEN?? Can she? It's been a great ten years. Saturday we took her and two of her friends to...the Magic Time Machine! This is a restaraunt in Dallas that used to be a school back in 1917 but they renovated it and made each part of the restaraunt its' own theme. Not sure what our theme was, but I would guess "table in a restaraunt"...:

Magic Time Machine 7-23-11
That's Emmy on the right, Kat in the middle and Amanda on the left. Best friends for what seems like ever.

Magic Time Machine 7-23-11
Hey, that's a pretty good picture of us! I hadn't shaved all week so I look quite different from the Ranger game.

Magic Time Machine 7-23-11
Jerramy: "Hey Mike, wanna see a magic trick?"
Me: "Um...sure?"

Pork Rinds and a Foster's Beer
Jerramy: "TADA!!"
Me: "Wow, that's...great...guess you're not ordering lunch then?"
Jerramy: "NOPE! Savin' $20 today!"

Magic Time Machine 7-23-11
That was our waiter, Paul Bunyan. He was very loud, rude and obnoxious. So, just like any other waiter around yes?

Magic Time Machine 7-23-11
Money money money!! Emily got some serious cash. $125 to be exact! That may include her Target gift card, not sure.

Then, Tuesday night, the family came over for some cake cupcakes and ice cream and of course...more presents!:

Emily is 10!
New sheets!! Zebra print!! Who else has zebra print sheets? Maybe Austin Powers? What about the Ladies' Man? Hmm...maybe we should get something a little more...less sleazier? But I know she's been in the mood to redecorate her room into something a little more mature. Kudos to her!

Emily is 10!
Hey, that's a great family shot! Except for the boy...geez, why is it so difficult to smile in a picture? And do it without looking like a nut.

Tomorrow we're going to the circus!! Zach and Emmy have never been, and I haven't been since I was a teenager...or 21...one of those. And this isn't that cheap circus that uses people in animal costumes, but Ringling Brothers!! Hopefully it's non-smoking.

So Emmy is ten eh? It's been a lot of fun to be honest. I took her to Subway this morning for a dad daughter breakfast where it was just the two of us. We didn't talk a whole lot, mainly because we were devouring their new breakfast sandwich. Flatbread, cheese, and breakfast meats equals YUM. We did talk about a few things though. Good to have a kid who actually wants to talk to you about things. We've always been able to talk about things though. Sometimes we're silly, but often we get pretty deep. I never miss a moment to tell her to enjoy being a kid. She told me it seems like her childhood was flying by so fast. But I know she lives every day to its fullest. Next week she's going on a trip to New York with her grandparents and her cousin! I'm gonna be 37 this year and I've never been! Well, hang on a second...I did get to see Niagara Falls twice while I was living in Canada. Truly awesome sight. Wish I had a camera back then. Would have been cool. Dad was my age now when we lived in Canada in 1989. So far I've managed not to have to displace my family anywhere ha ha. Some of my favourite memories happened in Canada though. I'll mention them on here every now and then. One of my faves was in 9th grade. We only had four classes a day, plus an hour at lunch. I would run home each day so I could hang out with Mom. If I ran I could get home in five minutes. I also had my first job while I was up there. Working for Starways! Not as glamorous as it seems. They would drop off tons of flyers at my door and I had to roll them up in rubber bands and deliver them to houses. $30 a month. Underpaid? You betcha! But it was fun to walk around the neighborhoods. You could always smell curry and chinese food cooking somewhere. Emmy probably won't get to live in another country as a kid, but I'm sure she'll be okay with that.

At The Ranger Game 7-22-11

No comments: