Monday, October 03, 2011

"Goin' To The Chapel..."

...and we're...gonna...get ma-a-r-r-r-i-ed...

Okay, I'm not getting married. But my aunt Susan sure did. We drove out to Ennis Sunday and watched the matrimony get all kinds of holy as her and Ed joined lives. The pastor that was officiating sure got choked up. He started crying and blubbering like a little girl when he started talking about how two lives have now become one. Was kind of entertaining to watch. He turned in his man card after it was over. Since I broke our printer / scanner even MORE (originially it stopped reading the memory stick from our camera then it wouldn't print anything so I smashed the top of it only to find out about 10 seconds later that by doing that I broke the glass...(sigh), I had to use my iPhone to take some pictures. Plus, now we get to invest in a new printer! Maybe one with wi-fi...ooooh. Fancy. ere are a few pix:

Susan And Ed Married! 10-2-11
Me: "Hey, get a room you two!"
Ed: "Oh we did, if you know what I mean!"
Me: "Um, no, actually I DON'T know what you mean...please elaborate!"
Ed: "I'd rather not."

Susan And Ed Married! 10-2-11
Dean and I kept asking Dad to move his head. Dean was much more persistent than me. At one point I wondered if he was kidding or serious. But this one's a keeper!

I know I normally do these on Friday, but there wasn't anything happening last week. So I did it today. Sometimes we get busy and some things get pushed to the side. Like fixing the silverware drawer in the kitchen! I swear, whoever designed these things should be taken out and shot. The glider on the back came off and the brace that held the guiderail broke. Well, I managed to put a new brace in but it was too short, so every now and then the drawer would come off and I'd have to reset the guiderail. So, after many months of procrastination, I took the old one out and put in a new one which works so much better now. Now, I can open the drawer without the deafening sound of the drawer hitting the crock pot. I also called the city to come and pick up our old bed that had been in the back yard since February when I put our new bed in. Slowly things are getting done. I wish I had more interest in household repairs and landscaping. I used to. But, as with all interests, they are fleeting. I haven't bought any new toys since last Christmas! I bought one for myself as a present ha ha. Good times.

I found this clip on Youtube:


I sent this in an e-mail and titled it "Did I ever tell you about the time I took my CDL test?" Eh...I thought it was funny.

Wow, Dad's birthday is this Friday! Numero 59! I know I'm about to be 40, but I just can't wrap my head around being his age. I probably thought the same thing when I was 18 and he was 40. I guess when you live your life worrying about hardly anything and always looking for the positive (like I try to do), time passing by doesn't mean as much. All I want is to be able to retire at some point and not be in a wheelchair or hooked up to an oxygen mask. My goal is to make it to 100. When you're 100 people take notice. Maybe I'll be on the news!

No comments: