Friday, October 28, 2011

"Say It Ain't So..."

And by that...I mean...the Texas Rangers...who were one strike away from winning the World Series TWICE...have faltered and let this thing go to a Game Seven...tonight!! Maybe the "more is merrier" philosophy applies here. A lot of us were quite anxious to get this thing over with, but the darned Cardinals would not go away. So I guess we'll have a game-watching party tonight and see who wants to come over. But, a lot of other fun things happened this week too. Tuesday night we went to the Taste Of Arlington at the Arlington Convention Center! Now what this is is a sampling of over 30 different restaraunts and vendors, as much as you want (long line notwithstanding), and man, I was beyond stuffed by the time we went home. So sleepy, so exhausted...slept like a baby though! A few pix:


Some nut in a chicken costume wondered around all night. He may have been a crasher, we're looking into it. It got hot in there!


This one is...maybe we should just keep moving.

I won a Dave And Buster's beach towel! They had a spinner and whoever got 1,000 tickets won it! So I spun...and won. Sitting in our towel drawer at home. Maybe Zach can use it. It's kind of small.

Hey, remember those punpkins Zach and Emmy decorated last week? Well, they had a parade and...well...paraded them around the halls of the school:


Again...hate the Phone camera. But Zach sure was proud of his pumpkin. He called it a mummy but he covered it with play money so it was a "munny"...ha ha get it?


Caught Emmy off guard. She made a zombie girl complete with feathered hair! Some of those feathers are still in my car...I'll live.

Today Zach had his costume parade:

JB Little Halloween Parade 10-28-11
I had to literally hold him down so I could take a picture of him completely still or else...IPhone scribbles. That's my pet term for the blurry pictures an iPhone takes. He didn't wear his hair hat which took me 10 minutes to get right this morning. Ugh.

Today we had a costume contest at work! There were a lot of weird get ups. Before I put mine on I Facebooked a sneak peek:

My Captain America Costume
I called it "A Legend Is About To Be Born..." Pretty catchy eh? Cari was nice enough to get me the helmet and shirt. And then...I put it on this morning and wore it to work:

Me As Captain America
Not as cool as I had in mind. But, I had fun. At work. A first time for everything yes?

Going to Catfish Plantation Sunday for our annual "dress up the kids and go to the scary restaraunt" Halloween weekend. Man, is it Halloween already? Why does time have to fly by so fast? I remember trick or treating when I was a kid. Back then we could be 7, 8 years old and navigate the neighborhood all by ourselves without worrying about not ever coming back home. One time that happens and it changed everything. I enjoy going around town with Zach and Emmy and watching them get a pirate's haul of candy. My neighborhood wasn't too big or too small...just right. The best nights were when it landed on a Friday. I would spend all day at school just anxious as heck waiting around for that night. I honestly don't remember how old I was when I got tired of doing it. Maybe 15? In 1989 we were in Canada and it was Dad I think that got the great idea to use black make up or ink to make my face black as I was going as Batman. Well, between the acidity of whatever that stuff was, plus the 40 degree weather outside, it stung like the dickens! Was so glad to get inside and get it off. Around here we don't worry too much about it being cold since it rarely gets below 60 this time of year. Was cold as heck last night though! Got a torrent of rain too. Glad that's all over with. I like rain but not when there's fun things to do outdoors.

No comments: